Chapter 49

Chapter 49

"Your parents, son."

Derek instantly tensed and stared at the two bodies in front of him, trying to figure out if they were lying. But Derek's expression turned white as a ghost and his grip on my hand tightened.

"My parents are dead."

"I know you'd like to believe that but we're here, alive. And we heard about our new daughter being pregnant with our grand-baby. My names-" Derek's mom went to give me a hug, but Derek pushed me back and stood in front of me with a growl.

They looked taken back by his actions, but simply shrugged it off.

"I've heard your the new Alpha. We couldn't be more proud, son." His father said.

Derek didn't say a word, just had a blank expression.

"It's okay." I whispered and rubbed his forearm soothingly.

"It's not. They finally come back in my life when everything is good. So you can say later that you raised me and i turned out like this because of you. Its not happening, because you did nothing." Derek glared at the two bodies in front of us. So much pain and anger was evident in his eyes.

"We're not here to do that son. We're here because we missed out on a lot. We are grateful for Kit taking you in." The tried to reason with him but it only fuelled him even more.

"You dumped me in a science experiment. That's what you did."

"We had no choice, son." Derek's dad claimed.

"Don't call me that. Im not your son." He growled. "Chloe, let's go. You need some rest and get off your feet." He tried ushering me inside, but i swatted his hand away and he growled again. Because i had werewolf strength, i actually managed to get out of his hold.

Im not in the mood, Chloe

I don't care, these are you biological parents and yes they made a mistake and they're here to fix it, stop trying to push people away

Get inside, this isn't your fight

Promise me you'll try?

********************

Derek ended up hauling me inside and into our room. He left after that and i know he actually went to go talk to them. I didn't eavesdrop, but after five minutes, i decided to leave the room and go find Tori. Cole was back now, so that means she's here.

I walked around the house, still not finding my way. As weird as it sounds, i had to use my good sense of smell to get to her faster.

I suddenly stopped and leaned up against the wall for support.

"Oh my god, please stop doing that to mommy." I mumbled.

Since that baby has gotten bigger and my stomach looks enormous, its been more active. Kicks and hits all the time. Derek gets pissed off at me during the night because i start cursing.

The little feet keep kicking and i realize what it wants. Its hungry.

I hobble to the kitchen while holding my stomach.

"What's wrong?" Simon asks me. He's sitting on the kitchen chair on an iPad.

"Im hungry." I mumbled. He laughed and got up and started looking in the fridge.

"Pizza?" He asked.

I took one look at the slice and ran to the bathroom.

I can't tell you how nasty it is to puke.

My throat feels like it's on fire and my stomach is constantly turning. I rinsed out my mouth and dried my hands.

Looking in the mirror, i find that I've gotten quite bigger. No longer a bump. My hair looks like its been revived and my face looks more fuller. My lips are swollen and my cheek bones have been raised a bit. It's not a dramatic change, not even close to Kylie Jenner, but it's different.

"So, i'm guessing that's a no to the pizza?" Simon chuckled. I shook my head and sat down on a stool. His face grew serious. "Are you okay?"

"Im fine. Throat hurts like a bitch."

He nodded and continued rummaging around.

"Where's Tori?" I asked.

"Probably with Cole. She's finally accepting things."

"Isn't it really rare to have a human as a mate though?"

"Well, i guess. When Derek and I were younger, Dad would always joke about Derek finding a mate and he would be whipped." He smirked. "Dad was right. But for Tori, I'm not sure, i guess it just happens."

"Is it possible for you to have a werewolf mate if your a guy?"

"Jesus, i make you food and i get interrogated." He chuckled. I playful punch his shoulder. "I don't know. I hope not though. I don't like to be man handled, especially by a girl." He pouted.

"That's sexist." I remarked.

He shrugged.

He slid a plate of food, that had a burger and lots of crispy fries. My favourite!

I dug in right away, kinda not breathing in the process, which probably wasn't smart because i was choking on a fry, gasping for air.

"Chloe!" My aunt yelled. She came over and started patting my back firmly to help with getting the fry out. I gave one final cough and it came up on the counter.

I drank some water and leaned back and took a breath.

"Chew your food!" My aunt chastised. I rolled my eyes.

"Im hungry. No time." And dug right back in. My aunt shook her head.

"Simon, where-" She was cut off by her phone ringing.

She looked at the caller ID and scrunched her nose up in confusion then looked at me. I saw she denied the call and i gave her a look.

"Who was that?" I questioned.

"No one important." Was all she said. I looked at her and then back at the phone.

I raced to the counter, but being pregnant and all, i wasn't fast enough. She got it first and ran to the other side of the counter.

"Chloe, don't play games. You're pregnant." She said.

"Then tell me-"

"Chloe?" I heard Kit's voice come into the kitchen.

"Hang on-" I ran again. Wow, my aunt was faster then she looked. "Give. Me." I raced again. "The. Phone." I bolted towards her and at the last second, she checked herself and threw the phone.

I gaped at where she threw the phone. It was now laying in the fish tank on the counter. In the water. My aunt ran over and her her hand smacked into the cake stand on the counter.

And of course Derek and his parents walked in and stared at the scene.

"Chloe! Watch-" Simone started. But it was too late, the cake flipped off the counter and landed on my chest. "Out..." He finished slowly.

K so love all your comments, i know his dad is dead for real, but it's a plot twist and there's more to come with their appearance. I kinda went through a writers block and had to figure out where i was going with things. So this chapter was a bit of a filler and maybe a bit not... Buuuut, we will see what happens! I just wanted to ask if you guys want to see Chloe have more relationships between other people.. who do you want to see her interact with more? Send me some thoughts! And my apologies for the long wait! :/ Love your comments, votes and above all, thanks for reading!

~jesss