Chapter 7

Simon literally took a spit take, and soon there was orange juice everywhere. But none the less, he was laughing.

"Oh my-" more laughter. "God. You look like Barney!"

I was really concerned for Simon because i thought he would go into cardiac arrest.

"Let the games begin then." She sneered.

"They've already started." I retorted.

She darted towards our room, followed by a slam of a door.

"Am i missing something?" Kit asked.

"Dad, you've missed a lot." Derek said while drinking his orange juice.

"Teenagers and those hormones." He mumbled.

********

"You have to it like this, son." Kit instructed.

Kit was trying to teach Simon how to do a levitating spell; and has been for the past hours, and not a single inch of the lamp has moved.

I tried to hide my laugh, but it ended up with a fit of giggles and hard stare from Simon, which added to my laughter.

"Hey bro, can you please tell your girlfriend to stop laughing at me?" Simon gestured towards me and i met Derek's eyes. Worry clouded them once again, leaving no desire to laugh more.

"Simon try again. Remember, calm and relax." Kit soothed and Simon returned to practising.

Please don't freak out, just come outside Chloe. And yes its Derek.

I didn't know what to do at that moment. I didn't see his lips move. Did he really just talk or am i just really tired.

No, i didn't talk. I'm simply just... Please just come outside and let me explain.

I nodded my head.

"Chloe, are you okay?" Kit asked.

"Just peachy. But i think I'm gonna get some air." I grabbed my wool cardigan and sat on the deck, waiting for Derek.

Soon enough, he was outside and sitting down beside me. I looked out to the fields. They were just so simple. But the greenery was just so gorgeous; with the ripples of exquisite waves of the plants sprouting. My thoughts were interrupted by Derek grasping my hand and gently rubbing my palm with his index finger in a slow, circular motion.

"Care to explain yet?" I asked quietly.

"Look, i know you think this is crazy-" he started.

"Derek, from past experiences; this May be insane, but not crazy."

"Well, this mind communication may not be crazy but.... The next bit of info might be good or bad to you; and I'm not sure how to say it..." He hesitated.

"Derek please just say it." I grabbed him by the jaw and kissed him, to reassure him to continue. The next thing he said: i couldn't determine whether or not i was happy or confused.

"Chloe, your my mate."