Chapter 26

I got up from bed and walked around the room. I came to a stop by the window and looked out. It looked like it was going to rain, because of how much clouds there were, but other than that, it was a really nice day outside. And a day like this, is a day to be outside.

And i know what your all thinking; and no i wasn't going to do something stupid. I was just going out to lay on a lawn chair. Nothing serious. But i also wasn't going through my window. I wasn't that stupid.

I quietly crept out of my room but as soon as i got a glimpse of the back door, something blocked my view.

Derek rounded the corner and he didn't look too happy. I squeaked and ran back inside the room and frantically searched around. I spotted the closet and ran to it. I hid in the back, underneath the hanging clothes. It smelled of Derek's cologne. I inhaled the musky smell of axe and heard a banging on the door.

"Chloe, open up." He tried a calm tone.

"No. I need space."

"Your in a fucking closet. There's no space in there."

"More space than i have in that damn room. I just needed a walk."

"Your lying. I could hear your thoughts practically screaming at me."

"Well, not my fault babe."

I heard him growl and bang on the door again.

"Chloe, i wont ask again. Open the door, now."

"Do you understand the meaning of no? I cant stay cooped up in this bedroom. I understand you don't want me getting hurt, but i cant do this." I started sobbing in frustration. I heard the lock snap and i saw Derek looming in the doorway.

He slowly walked over and sat beside me. I flinched when he touched my hand.

"Just stop. Please stop." I plead.

"Chloe, i-"

I didn't let him finish. I straddled his legs and kissed him fiercely. He grasped my entire back and pulled me even closer.

"I'm sorry." He breathed out. But i didn't stop giving him kisses all over.

"Chloe." He sighed. I pressed myself even closer, causing him to groan.

He finally held my shoulders and kept me at arms length.

"I need you." I whispered down his neck.

"It's your hormones. They're everywhere. You cant Chloe. We cant." He finished and looked at me with a sorry look.

I looked away and got up, he rose as well, still holding my arms.

"I'm just frustrated with this whole thing. I want it out now. I want to meet our daughter or son."

"I know. I do to." He hugged me and played with my hair.

"Do you still want to go outside? I just finished with the glass." I looked up.

"I think i wanna take a nap."

"Okay."

I hopped in and threw the covers over me.

"Wanna join?" I asked hopeful.

"Sure." He took his sneakers off, then his shirt. He carefully set himself beside me and let me snuggle into him. He was on his back and i was leaning my head back on his arm.

I traced his abs with the tips of my fingers when we heard a knock at the door.

"What?" Derek asked annoyed.