Chapter 33

"So what was that breakfast all about?" I asked my aunt.oy. 

“It was breakfast Chloe. Just breakfast.” 

“Just breakfast? Did breakfast include him holding your all the way through?”

“Oh hush.” She smiled and continued wiping off the counters. 

“Fine. What are we having for lunch?” I asked nonchalantly. 

“Lunch?” She raised and eyebrow. “We just had breakfast only half an hour ago.”

“Oh.” I smiled and looked at the fridge. “But I'm still hungry.” I complained.

“Goodness.” She rubbed her head and looked at my stomach. She stared for what felt like minutes. I started getting uncomfortable and cleared my throat.

“Can i feel it?” She asked, her gaze still trained on my protruding stomach.

I nodded and removed the sweater Derek had lent me. She placed here hand on my tummy and started feeling around. There was no movement when she did it; the baby only responded to Derek would touch my stomach. It was a funny feeling though; it wouldnt be a kick, it was more like a tickle. I can't really explain it, but Derek constantly puts his hands on my stomach to feel it. 

Aunt Lauren was finally done-what i thought was assessing-my stomach and left her hands at her side.

“We’ll go shopping a little later this week, we’re leaving on Saturday, so there should be plenty of time for packing.” She said and walked out of the room. Well, that was weird. 

But i can see, she felt happy when i was talking about her and Tomas. She would always smile when i replayed their events of the morning. Maybe she aaas really happy, and then we’re gonna confuse her by putting Kit in the picture. She’ll be angry with us for tampering with her relationship. She definitely doesn't throw Simon in between me and Derek; but then again, what about Kit?

Wait, what if Aunt Lauren doesn't even like Kit in that way and were just making it harder for her to reject him? It will break him, knowing that she doesn't feel the same about him and she likes Tomas instead. Like my mom always used to say; let nature take it course. 

Well, she said that when i would complain about how small i was and when i couldn't fit into her high heels and kept falling. 

But it still conveyed the same message; let things happen on its own and it will all work out for the best. 

I even got Derek and Simon involved. Derek didnt really like Tomas, so he agreed, and Simon just wanted to see his dad with someone and be happy. He’s been on the run for all these years and never real had a stable girlfriend. All the boys wanted is for their dad to be happy, and all i wanted was for my aunt to be happy. But how can we make these two people happy when they have no clue how they feel. Im torn between two sides.

                  *****************