Chapter 5

Today, me, Simon and Derek went out to Tim Hortons. Aunt Lauren and Kit went shopping, and Tori was still sleeping.

"Why aren't you eating?" Simon asked me.

"Hmm?"

"You didnt even touch your bagel."

I looked down. "Well i think I'm getting a cold, thanks to Tori."

"Aha but you have to admit, that was hilarious."

I glared at him.

"I meant you guys chasing eachother around in the kitchen." He raised his hands up to show he surrendered.

"Right." I said.

"Simon go check your blood pressure." Derek said.

"Ok dad." Simon stuck his tongue out and got up.

I looked at Derek. I wasn't gonna push him into telling whats wrong, since I've tried about ten times. I'll let him come to me when he's ready.

"Your staring." He said and took a sip of his coke.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"We better head back soon, you're still a wanted person."

"Oh I'm wanted?" I smirked.

"Yeah your wanted by crazy scientists who want to prod at your flesh and bones." He replied.

"Well at least im wanted." I gave him a pouty face and washed it over with an upset look. Derek shook his head then grabbed my chin.

"I didnt say they were the only ones who wanted you."he whispered.

I pulled back. "Well i guess they're the only ones who get me." I winked. Anger crossed his features.

"We'll see." Simon then came out and we walked back to the motel; it was only a couple of minutes away, so it didnt take us that long.

As soon as we got inside, Simon went to the bathroom, leaving me and mr.i-suck-at-sharing-my-feelings alone.

"So you really think that they're gonna get you, huh?"

"Of course." I replied seriously.

"Not on my watch." Derek then picked me up over his shoulder and ran to the couch.

"Derek!" I laughed. He held me up high like a two year old.

"So what did you say before, again?"

"Derek, i swear you better put me down."

"And if i dont?"

"Then no more kibbles and bits for you." I stated confidently, i was trying so hard not to laugh. But of course my giggles ended up turning into full blown hysterics.

Derek set me down, looking at me like i had ten heads. I was still laughing like a sociopath.

"Ahahahahaha! You should have seen your face! Oh my god!"

He say down on the counter and stared at me.

"Are you done yet chloe?" He asked bored.

"Nopee." I said in between breaths.

Simon came out of the bathroom and looked at me, then looked at his brother. Derek shrugged, not knowing what to say to my situation.

"Chloe are you high?" Simon asked.

"I think." I was about to burst again when i saw Tori come out of her room. Oh wait, thats right; were in the middle of a war. Well shes going down because i refuse to lose.

Shes in for a special surprise in the morning.