Chapter 23

"How do you feel?"

"The same."

"Well, its 12:01. Your pregnant sweetheart."

"I am?"

"Yes."

I nodded my head and sighed. Finally.

"Do you know what the baby is gonna be?" I asked.

"Only time will tell. But i know that Derek wants a girl." She smirked.

"I know, its adorable." I said in awe. She chuckled.

"You'll be really happy, Chloe. I promise."

"I know. I love you mom."

"I love you too baby. Okay listen, once the baby is born, I'll be able to talk to you normally." She said.

"Okay. I cant wait." I said excitedly.

"I dont know if you went into what to expect when your expecting, but there's morning sickness, nausea, cramps, swollen ankles-"

"I know, i had a talk with aunt Lauren already. I'm so overjoyed about that part." I said sarcastically. She laughed.

"Dont worry, it's all worth it in the end." We both smiled.

"Sweetheart, get some rest, long day tomorrow. Congratulations baby. I love you." She soon started to fade.

"I love you too mom. I love you too."

**************

I woke up; i didnt feel any different at all. I looked at the time and it was only 9:45. Well, i should get up, since i slept in yesterday.

I dragged myself out of be and into the bathroom. When i stepped in and turned on the lights, there was a little basket with soaps and body scrubs, from the spa. There was also a card on it. I opened it.

Good morning. Congratulations Chloe! You're pregnant! So happy i can finally have a nephew or niece. But I'm telling you, i dont change diapers.

Tori

That was sweet. She even bought a little cradle and wedged it in between the soaps. Shes actually really excited.

I took a shower, brushed my teeth and did my hair. My hair was in light curls and i wore some tights with a baggy sweater.

I walked out of my room an hit my nose off of something hard. I looked up and saw Derek. He hugged me gently. Why was he being so gentle?

"Because i dont want to hurt you. Your pregnant." He stated seriously.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean, you cant do this," i grabbed his neck and kissed him. "Or this," i spun us around and pushed him against the wall and found his lips. He still only gently held me.

"I know, but to you, your only one day pregnant, but in werewolf time, your already five days. Its gonna grow fast and you have to be fully healthy. I cant afford to touch you like this," he said caressing my cheek and kissing me fiercely on the lips. I went to deepen the kiss, but he pulled back.

He poked my nose. "Breathing is also a necessity." I growled and stepped away from him and made my way to the kitchen. No one was here.

"There all outside." He whispered in my ear. I took a deep breath in and shoved him on the couch. I jumped on top of him and leaned in close to his face.

"Thats not fair. You cant do this to me, you know i cant." I hissed. He smirked and his eyes were full of want. I kissed his neck and he groaned.

"Oh, sorry. I'm not supposed to be doing this." I breathed on his ear and got up and headed outside.