Chapter 29

“Do you have your purse?” My aunt called.

“Yeah!” I called back.

Today was the day that me, my aunt and Tori, were going shopping for the baby. We weren’t going for clothes though; obviously because we don't know what gender it is yet. I’m now 4 weeks along. Tomas is saying I'm actually doing pretty good; but my stomach apparently still needed to be bigger, which i wasn't too excited about at all.

“Where are you putting the baby’s nursery?” Tori asked curiously.

“Uh, I'm not sure yet. But me and Derek will probably get a bigger room to accommodate all three of us though.”

“Do you want it to be a girl or boy?”

“I don't know. If its a girl, ill have to watch out for the boys. But if its a boy, than i have to watch out for my son being a player.” We both laughed. 

“Wow, thats tough. But, i think boys are way easier. With girls, you have to through; the puberty stuff, hormones, attitude, clothes, etc.” She warned.

“Depends on the parents and how its raised. No child is that easy, but theres ways to make it easier.” I thought.

“Touche.” She said.

“Girls, come on. I want to go to the store!” She whined.

“We’re coming!” I yelled and grabbed my bag.

We ran down the stairs with out managing to fall, so i guess thats an accomplishment for the day. 

         *********************************

Our first stop was ‘babies r us’. We walked around for about half an hour looking at the different types of cribs, occasionally hearing my aunt gasp, and saying, ‘Oh my god, Chloe! This is so cute!’ or ‘This is adorable! Its tiny!’. That was basically all i heard when we entered each isle. 

Right now, we were currently looking at some shoes. Now saying these were really small, was an understatement. I guess in a way they were kinda cute. As a kid, i never really played with much dolls, let alone toys. My dad always bought me the top of the line electronics, so i don't know much about dress up. I do faintly remember when my mom and i used to do make overs and we would dress up in the most ridiculous outfits. But after she died, i wasnt really into all that; it lost the fun and amusement it used to bring. 

My thoughts were interfered by my aunt and Tori waving mini running shoes in my face, trying to get my attention.

“Those are cute.” I stated simply and looked out towards the cribs. Well, i could buy a crib today, i didn't need to know if it was a boy or girl, right? 

I started making my way towards the cribs, when Tori pulled my arm.