Chapter 26

Two weeks. It may not seem like a long time but to Niall it was hell. He hadn't seen or heard from Liam, Niall knew it was supposed to be a good thing after all he was the one that told Liam to stay away from him but it wasn't.

He had spent the past two weeks, wallowing in his sorrow. The fact that Liam hadn't even tried to contact him, just showed Niall how very little he meant to Liam.

Niall should be trying to move on with his life but he can't seem to. He feels pathetic for falling in love with a man he knows can never love him.

He knew Liam was broken glass yet he still touched it knowing he would get hurt.

The pain he feels right now is unexplainable, he never thought someone could make him feel like this, like his heart is being stepped on a thousand times. The pain he feels is beauty beyond any other, he loves someone who will never be his and his heart aches a million miles a minute. He doesn't know if he'll truly get over it.

Niall sighed and squeezed his eyes closed. He wished the thoughts could just stop. He was getting tired of the constant ache in his chest. And moping around wasn't helping.

Sniffing, he shuffles further up the bed, wiping his face of tears. He was a mess and his positive he looked like one too.

''Niall" Louis says behind the door, he had been woken up by Niall's cries "can you please come out, you can tell me what happened I just want to help"

Louis had been trying to coax Niall out of his room for the pass two weeks, he was worried about his best friend, all he did was stay in his room, crying and refusing to eat claiming that he wasn't hungry. Louis is still unsure as to what caused Niall to isolated himself from everyone.

"I'm fine Lou, nothing happened" Niall said as a fresh tears travelled down his cheeks.

"I know you're not fine Ni" Louis says, concerned.

"Lou, please go away" Niall pleads sadly wiping his tears away.

"Okay" he says "just know I'm always here for you" he begins to walk away from Niall's room, feeling so sad for his friend. It was absolutely heart breaking to see him like this.

The sound of a knock on the door grabs his attention and he frowns wondering who could be here at 3am in the morning.

''Liam? What are you doing here?'' Louis asked harshly.

''I need to speak to Niall,'' Liam slurred pushing past Louis.

''I don't think so" Louis grabbed Liam's arm.

"'Louis, let me go,'' Liam demanded.

''You're not seeing him when you're drunk off your ass" Louis said angrily.

''I'm trying to fix this, okay? Let me go,'' Liam pulled his arm free from Louis grasp and walked in the direction of Niall's room.

Louis ran after him "listen to me, you're drunk and I'm positive Niall doesn't want to see you or anyone at the moment"

"I don't care, I need to fix this" Liam says, running a hand through his hair. His gone before Louis can reply to him.

Liam stood in front of Niall's room and after a few long seconds, he enters the room.

Niall lifts his head up when he hears the door to his room open.

Liam instantly feels guilty when he sees Niall. Niall's eyes were red and his cheeks looked sore from crying.

"What do you want?" Niall says harshly

''I just want to talk'' Liam says, closing the door behind him.

"I have nothing to say to you,'' Niall's voice cracked.

"Please, Niall,'' Liam pleaded, moving onto the bed and sitting in front of Niall.

"I told you to stay away from me"

Niall says, shuffling further away so that there is distance between Liam and him.

"I can't" Liam says, moving closer and cupping Niall's face.

"You're drunk" Niall says, when the smell of alcohol invades his nostrils.

"I know" Liam says, his lips are barely touching Niall's and Niall's forgotten how to breath "but I need you, let me have you"

"I'm not property Liam" Niall says, angrily.

"I need you" Liam says, beginning to place kisses on Nialls neck as his other hand trails up Nialls thigh.

"I'm not property, so stop now" Niall says, turning his head away from Liam's kisses and taking Liam's hands off his thigh.

"Why won't you let me have you" Liam whines, his pouting and his got a frown on his face.

"I'm not property" Niall repeats but Liam ignores him and instead continues to ravage his neck in hickeys.

"Liam stop" Niall says sternly, but nothing,

"Stop it, I don't want this" Niall says beginning to panic because Liam wouldn't, would he?.

Liam stops when he hears Niall's terrified voice "I scare you" he says, rubbing his thumb along Niall's jaw. "I don't mean to, you know? The last thing I want is to scare you away, I need you more than you think, I know I don't show it but I care for you, a lot more than you think. You're the only thing I've ever wanted and needed in my life, everyone has given up on me."

Niall stares at him now realising how much of a broken soul Liam is.

"Don't give up on me Niall" Liam pleads "I'll change if it'll make you stay"

"You don't give up on the ones you love" Niall whispers.

Sorry for the short chapter, next chapter will be longer.