Chapter 5

Calum's POV:

"You know you want it," I said with a crooked grin to Linda, who just rolled her eyes.

"Sure thing, babe," she replied in sarcasm.

But I caught the flash of heat in her eyes as I smirked back. I couldn't help but jubilate internally. I'd been on this one for at least three weeks, which was almost setting a record. Girls usually fell into my arms, but since it got boring sometimes, I liked to try and seduce the more difficult ones, who had all these moral principles about not having sex with someone you're not in love with or haven't been dating for a year or whatever other nonsense they believed in. Of course, it was just a matter of time before I got them. And now, three weeks after I set my goal on her, I had her.

"See you tonight," I winked, making her blush slightly.

To Mike: She's done for. You owe me ten bucks

From Mike: Linda? You go boy!

"Calum?" Grace called me, interrupting my text conversation with Mike.

I turned my head to see my girlfriend leaning against the wall of the corridor, a small frown on her face. I gave her a soft smile and skipped over to her.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked her before pecking her lips.

"You didn't answer my message yesterday," she pointed out, raising a perfectly formed eyebrow.

"Yeah...I forgot?"

"Stop lying, you idiot. You just can't be bothered to concentrate on anything else than what's between your legs," she sighed. "Anyway, I wanted to tell you that rumors are going around that you've been having sex with randoms in the bathroom."

I opened my mouth to protest but she cut me off.

"You know I don't care if it's true. I just need you to put an end to the rumors. Continue or not, it's your choice, but be more discreet."

You see, Grace might be my girlfriend, but there was nothing real between us. Thing is, when you came from a healthy family like we both did, it looked good to have a beautiful, popular girlfriend to show off when you were at receptions, or just to your parents. It was more of an arrangement of some sort, and as long as we kept it somewhat discreet and were careful not to ruin our image of the perfect couple, we were both allowed to have some fun on the side. It was all about appearances. Which, of course, didn't mean we didn't have a nice hook-up here and there.

"Anyway, my parents are having a formal dinner soon and I need you there."

I grumbled an agreement and she smiled sweetly at me before pulling me in for a small kiss and leaving for class. I sighed and headed to my first class, which happened to be French. Great. Seeing Eric in the back of the classroom, I sat next to him but barely responded to his greeting, too annoyed by my talk with Grace. I fucking didn't want to stop seeing girls at school... But I guessed I could try to tone it down a bit.

Eric started babbling about a girl he wanted to pick up at James' next party and I zoned his talk out. I wasn't in the mood. Instead I tried to look for a distraction in the room, and my gaze fell on the two girls sitting in front of us, recognizing one of them as the girl from yesterday's English class. A smile tugged on my lips. I took my time looking at her, noticing how her hair was braided into an artfully messy African braid, with chestnut strands sticking out every now and then. I also appreciated the fact that she was wearing a crop-top, the small of her back bare and showing satin-like skin. I wanted to call her out and tease her like I'd done yesterday. If only I could remember her name...