Chapter 17

Cami's POV:

I was smiling hugely as Calum dropped me off at my place. Swinging my leg over Betty expertly, I slid off her side with Calum following suit. Patting the now warm metal, I whispered her a thanks for what had probably the most exhilarating ride I'd ever had. I loved my bike, but never had she been able to reach such speeds. I'd had to leave her behind when we moved, so it'd been a while since I'd been able to taste freedom this way.

I handed Calum my helmet and watched him put it away along with his own. He turned to me, a question in his eyes, as in: 'what are you still doing standing here?' He'd no idea how much this meant too me, how much I'd missed motorcycles. I had to refrain myself from hugging the shit out of him. I wasn't sure he'd appreciate that. So instead, I smiled at him coyly.

"Thanks for the date."

He raised an eyebrow, eyes filled with amusement.

"This was a date? Says who?"

"Says me. And I'd like to point out that this is our first date and I didn't get a kiss."

His eyes darkened slightly and a smirk played at his lips as he took a step forward, towering over me.

"Oh yeah?" He asked, his voice low and velvety smooth. Sexy. "And what are you gonna do about it?"

With a half-smile, I reached up and curled my fingers around the jet-black hair at the nape of his neck, drawing him closer none too gently, and kissed him. He responded instantly, taking hold of my waist with one hand, and the pressure of his soft yet demanding lips against mine had all my thoughts fly out of the window. It was hot and passionate and needy and if I didn't break away now—

I took a step back, breaking his hold on my waist. He leaned forward as I pulled away, brushing his lips against mine as if reluctant to let go, but I couldn't afford to kiss him again. It hadn't lasted more than five seconds, and I was effectively breathless. Shit, he was good.

"Well then," I said, and was at least as surprised as relieved to hear that my voice was even, "off you go!"

I made a shooing motion with my hand and Calum let out a low, throaty laugh before turning around and heading to Betty.

"See you tomorrow, Frenchie!" He called out before disappearing with a roar from the motorcycle's engine.

As soon as I got to my room, I collapsed on the bed.

"Ugh."

My voice was muffled by the covers, and I couldn't help wishing my thoughts could be muffled. But I was a big girl, and I would deal with what was happening. So I dialed Lilah up.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey! What's up? What did you call for?"

"Guess who just went on a date with the infamous Calum Hood."

There was a silence.

"You're joking."

"No."

"Calum Hood doesn't date."

"Neither do I."

"Oh my god you go girl! How did you convince him?"

"Umm... I didn't exactly convince him. It sorta just...happened."

She must have sensed there was something in my voice, because she immediately demanded I tell her everything, from the beginning. So I did. She didn't interrupt once, listening on intently until I was done.

"I just have one question: do you like him? As in like like."

"Of course I don't like him! I can't like him! It's Calum Hood."