Chapter 8

Calum's POV:

Sitting down next to Mike, I smiled brilliantly at him.

"What's got you so happy?" He asked, shaking his head at me. "Was Linda that good a lay?"

"Uh, not really actually. It was good, but you know, virgins and all..." I shrugged. "Anyway, I have great news: I have found my next project!"

"Your next project?" Mike repeated dumbly.

"Yeah, project, victim, prey, whatever. You know the American I sent you a picture of?"

"The one with blue eyes and really long legs?"

"Yeah, her."

"Isn't she the one who was totally rude to Grace and you earlier?"

"Exactly! You know I like them a bit on the crazy side."

Mike raised his eyebrows.

"Isn't she also the one who's with Luke 24/7?"

"What?"

Mike didn't answer, but pointed his chin at a table near the end of the cafeteria. I followed his gaze, and there she was, sitting on Luke's lap. Luke, the fucking idiot who'd broken Mike's nose over some stupid girl and then proceeded to try to beat me up. Needless say he's the one who ended up in the hospital, but I got a lot of shit about it from my parents afterwards. It was safe to say we hated each other.

And the girl I'd chosen was sitting on his lap? That was just too much.

I felt a surge of anger and more than ever I was bent on making this girl, this Cami, mine. Then, when I was done with her, Luke could have her all he wanted. That is, if he was up for seconds.

I shared my thoughts with Mike and the biggest smile lit up on his face. I knew he'd like it. Ever since shit had gone down between the four of us – Luke, his friend Ethan, Mike and me – he'd been longing for a way to get back at the blond jerk.

"I thought you didn't wanna risk getting ogged again?" He asked me. "Because that's gonna happen if we do a remake of Rebecca."

"Nah...not the same type of girl. Cami isn't going to go crying to her friends; she's got her big-girl panties on. What's gonna make him suffer is see her fall for his enemy," I laughed. "Plus she's totally worth a black eye."

Mike raised an eyebrow.

"Really? Oh well, I'm not here to question your motives...as long as Luke gets what he deserves and you have some fun, I support this 100%."

"Thank you babe! You know I can't live without your support," I joked, batting my eyelashes at him.

"Fuck off," Mike laughed. "Anyway, this means I'll have to lay off of Rebecca. I'd just started to rile her up again."

"Why?"

"Cause I'm bored? But yours is a much better plan, and she bores me so... Who am I gonna get next?" He frowned.

"I don't know, pick someone at Jame's party? In the meantime get some from one of your groupies," I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Hey James!" Mike exclaimed, catching the boy's attention. "What time does the party start again?"

"Nine pm dude. Wanna sleep over?"

"Nah, I'm good."

"I'm up for that," I interjected, knowing that coming smashed home was not a good idea for me.