Chapter 24

Calum's POV:

I pushed away the hair plastered to my forehead with sweat in an angry movement, and shrugged off my jersey. My jaw was set, shoulders still tense after more than two hours of intense training. Contrary to the usual, my teammates didn't try to talk to me. Good for them; I really wasn't in the mood. I harshly threw my things in my bag and pushed my way through my teammates to the door. On the way, I briefly met Jeremy's gaze and gritted my teeth, a wave of irrational jealousy rushing through me. He was her friend; I'd seen them laughing together earlier this afternoon. I shook my head at the thoughts that swirled in my head. I didn't understand any of it. I'd never felt so possessive of any girl, or so troubled when it didn't work out (which for the record barely ever happened). I blew an irritated sigh, which was only worsened when Grace's name flashed on my phone. I considered ignoring the call, but knowing her, she wouldn't let go until I answered.

I speed-walked to the parking lot as I took the phone to my ear.

"What."

"Calum," she said, sounding unhappy with me. "Why does my friend Sophie here say she gave you a blowjob in the bathroom a few days ago? I thought we were over this."

"Ugh, get over yourself. She liked it, I liked it, who cares?"

Cami did. I still saw the look on her face when she caught me leaving the girls' bathroom. Disgust, disappointment, anger, a bit of sadness... It made my skin crawl. She must really hate me now. And how I hadn't been able to do anything today but to give her my usual flirty comments that I knew would only hurt her, but what else could I do? I wasn't good for anything else.

"Calum, we've talked about this! You said you'd make an effort to keep it down! What you did with Sophie is not keeping it down—"

"Just drop it Grace," I cut her, anger radiating from my voice. "I'm not in the mood to have this conversation with you. Not today."

There was a silence on the line for a few seconds. When she finally spoke, her voice was soft, a bit hesitating.

"Is something wrong?"

"No."

"Calum..."

I sighed and dropped down on the ground next to Betty, leaning against the hard metal.

"Fine. I fucked up."

"When don't you?" She said lightly.

"Fuck off," I replied tonelessly, not in the mood for jokes.

"How about you tell me what's wrong, and I'll try to help you."

"It's Cami."

"Cami's wrong?" Grace asked, not understanding.

"No, I fucked up with Cami."

"Are you upset because she refused to give you sexual favors?" Grace asked sharply, her voice suddenly cold and slightly derisive.

"No!"

"Oh. Then what?"

"I tried to be friends with her, okay? Talk about a bad idea."

"Wait, what? Since when do you try to become friends with a girl?"

"I know right!"

"But...did you do it to like, win her over or..."

"I don't fucking know! We see each other a bit and kiss a few times and then she's all like, let's be friends! And what do I fucking say? I say yes! Like what the hell is wrong with me?"