Chapter 37

Cami's POV:

"I'm so bored right now," Luke randomly said, resting his chin his hands.

"It's Physics dude, what did you expect?"

Our teacher hadn't improved during the vacation, and she was still as utterly boring. Thankfully, she was also half-deaf, which allowed Luke and I to carry our conversation without too many problems. Jenifer and Ethan, sitting behind us, had also completely disinterested themselves from the class, though I wouldn't be willing to bet they were as PG as Luke and I. My best friend had spent the first twenty minutes of the hour explaining to me exactly how he'd drunkenly let Louisa dare him to get a piercing and then actually gone through with it.

"You're completely out of control," I grinned. "What did your mom say?"

"She freaked," Luke rolled his eyes. "What did you expect?"

"I think it looks good," I nodded to myself. "So does Mike."

"Michael?"

"Yep."

"Okay, what? One, when did you hang out with him, two, why did you show him and three, he likes it?"

"For his birthday, remember? He had a party with some people from his grade, plus Cal and I. Don't ask me why I showed him, I was drunk. Besides I think it was Cal. And yeah, I think his exact words were 'it's hot". He was the one who went crazy on you after you showed the picture."

"Wait. Are you saying the messages describing how sexy piercings are and how it'll draw attention to my lips weren't from you?" Luke asked wide-eyed.

"Uh...I wasn't aware he'd done that, but yeah. I only texted you this morning."

"Wow."

"Hey, did you know he was bisexual?"

"No... Why are you asking—Cami no. No no no get this idea out of your head. I can see right through you Cami and no. Firstly, I don't like boys, secondly I actively hate this one."

"The line between hate and love is a fine one," I quoted wisely, but I was clearly kidding.

"Honestly Cami if I'd known you'd spend your time trying to hook me up with everyone you see, I wouldn't have been so excited for you to move here."

My jaw dropped.

"Ouch."

"You know I love you," he chuckled. "But I won't let you influence me this time."

"Hey, it worked with Lilah, no?"

"Yes, and now we're in a happy relationship that you should not try to...well, whatever you're trying to do, with weird comments about Mike."

"What did Lilah have to say to the piercing?"

"She liked it," Luke admitted with a slightly embarrassed grin. "But she was also mad because I can't kiss anyone for like, two weeks?"

I gasped.

"Oh no! How will the world survive without your kisses?"

"Oh, fuck off."

The first words that came out of Louisa's mouth when she saw us in the hallway was 'oh my god every girl on this entire planet needs to thank me right now cause holy cow I'm a genius'. My brother, whose hand she was holding, shot her a dubious glance as she stared at Luke's lips.

"Yep, yep, yep. This was a really good idea."

"Okay, as your boyfriend who does not have a brand new lipring, this is getting kinda uncomfortable," Sam pointed out.