Chapter 9

Cami's POV:

Friday night was shopping night, and the five of us girls – Lilah, Louisa, Rebecca, Jennifer and me – met up at the mall a few hours after class. While Lilah and Louisa poked fun at Jennifer by congratulating her for not bringing her boyfriend, Rebecca dragged me to her favorite store.

"This place has the cutest shit I swear!" She exclaimed.

Since I'd told her that I needed to buy a ton of new clothes, because mine weren't exactly adapted to the Australian weather, she had been head over heels. Apparently it wasn't every day she had an opportunity to help a friend completely refurnish her wardrobe. My numerous rejections of her ideas and protesting that I was not the flower and skirts kind of girl didn't seem to dampen her enthusiasm.

"I had such high hopes for you," she mock-sighed before sending me a wink. "Alright, more of a challenge then. Let's go on a 'what-shall-please-miss-Cam?' scavenger hunt!"

She enrolled the other girls, and soon I was sent to the changing-rooms with more than twenty items to try. And more on the way. After almost three hours of shopping, I had purchased five shorts, around ten tanks, two crop-tops and one skirt (Rebecca had insisted). Once I deemed myself satisfied, we went to look for dresses for tomorrow's party.

"I already have a dress," Jenifer mused, "but I need shoes to go with."

"What color?" Rebecca asked.

"It's light blue with a golden belt so I don't know...Gold?"

"Or you could break the ensemble by going with a total different color," Louisa pointed out. "Like red or some shit."

Rebecca and Jennifer both winced at the picture, while I exchanged a look with Lilah. Could be nice. But apparently both Jennifer and Rebecca were more into classic, because they started looking at golden pumps. Oh well. I turned to Louisa.

"How come you and your sister are so different?"

She shrugged and sent me a mischievous smile.

"I'd like to say I soaked up all of the awesomeness in our mom's womb, but she's the older one, so I'll just go with my dad's way cooler."

"Do you both live with your parents?"

"Yeah. She visits her dad a weekend per month though. He's alright I guess, but he left mom as soon as he found out that she was pregnant with Becky, which sucks. He wasn't ready for that apparently. I was also an accident," she added with a chuckle, "but my dad had the balls to stick around, so now we're one big happy family."

The sarcasm was barely noticeable as she looked at her older sister, her gaze full of love.

"Wow," Lilah deadpanned. "Almost makes me wish I had siblings. But then again not. I hear they're a pain," she grinned.

"So they are," I agreed easily. "Especially brothers. Ugh. I'm so happy Sam finally grew out of his pre-teen phase. Now that was horrible."

"Sam?" Lilah repeated, incredulous. "You have a younger brother called Sam?"

"Um, yes?"

"I mean, Supernatural much?"

"Oh my god, not you too."

Lilah was about to protest when Louisa cut in with a grin.

"Hey so, that brother of yours, how old is he?"

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"He's your age, why?"

"Nothing," she sing-songed, making me roll my eyes.