Chapter 28

Cami's POV:

On Monday morning, I spent my classes talking to Luke about what had happened between Lilah and him on Saturday. Apparently Lilah's parents hadn't asked any questions when he came home with their slightly drunk daughter and had just rolled their eyes and let him in. He'd made her drink some water and eat something before putting her to bed. She'd insisted on a movie and they watched The Lion King until she fell asleep. In the morning, he'd taken a shower and they'd eaten together before working on some math. Apparently Lilah had fallen asleep midway through an exercise, and he hadn't had the heart to wake her up.

"She looked like a kitten," he insisted again, making me roll my eyes.

"You look like a lovestruck puppy right now."

"I don't love her!" He protested loudly. "I might...I might like her," he admitted, the tops of his cheeks flushing.

"Aww, you're so cute."

"I'm not cute," he grimaced. "Plus I don't think she likes me back..."

"Luke, I'm just gonna put this out there: Lilah hates math. Really, really does. And she asks you for tutoring anyway."

"That has nothing to do with it! She needs tutoring to get better grades."

"Yeah, and so do I. But you don't see me asking for tutoring lessons, whether or not I suck."

"You think..." He let the words hang, looking at me hopefully.

I gave him a small, mysterious smile.

"I'm saying you have nothing to lose."

Despite my cool attitude, on the inside, I was whooping in joy. My OTP was so close to becoming legit! When the bell rang, I went over to my French class a bit anxiously. I wanted to patch things up with Calum. For the Plan, of course, but also because...I didn't know. I wanted to.

When I walked into the classroom, I looked around and spotted the seat I usually sat at. Giving Lilah a small smile, a walked to where Calum was sitting instead. He was busy texting someone, as usual, and only looked up when I sat down next to him. His face darkened, his sharp jaw setting in anger.

"Hey Cal," I said casually as I took up my books, knowing the nickname would get a reaction out of him.

"Oh we're back to Cal now huh?" His voice was toneless, his face giving nothing away.

"Yup. Did you do the homework?"

"What? No."

"Bad Calum," I answered breezily. "Better give it a look before she calls you out."

He shot me a look of pure confusion before taking a look at what I'd done.

"So," I started in a cheerful voice, "you haven't answered my messages. Are we going back to last week's stage where you ignore me forever? I thought we got past that yesterday."

"Oh sorry," he replied sarcastically, "I thought I sexually abused you yesterday."

"Nah, I'm pretty sure I was in on it," I smirked. "Then again I do get a bit um...let's say touchy-feely when drunk."

"You mean the dare?"

"Yeah," I smirked. "You gotta admit we were pretty good."

He finally cracked a smile.

"I admit it." He turned to me completely and pointed at the side of his neck. "You also forgot to mention you were Dracula."

My eyes widened at the hickey, which was still blood red even though a day and a half had gone by.