Chapter 35

AN: mature content x3

Cami's POV:

The rest of the week was quite uneventful. Apart from Calum casually making out with me in the corridors any opportunity he got (and giving me heart-attacks) and sometimes sitting at my table for lunch with Mike, I didn't see much of him other than in class. Let me tell you, it was hard concentrating on what the teacher was saying when his fingers kept going inappropriate places. I did my best to keep things PG, but even then just his closeness distracted me. More than once I'd wanted to just get the teacher to shut up and explore Calum's beautiful body for hours on end. Learning his sweet spots, his favorite touches, his guilty pleasures seemed much more interesting than whatever the teacher was blabling on about. And that was in English, my favorite subject. In French, I sat next to Lilah and did my very best not to be in Calum's line of vision, as he needed to work more in that subject. His case was sorta hopeless, though, because then he'd just spend the class period texting me. As for soccer, well, let's just say that kissing a sweaty Calum after having drooled over his figure for an hour was very satisfying.

I did my best to concentrate in my other classes, as the vacation was just around the corner, which meant endless tests. That was why school was the only place I saw Calum. The rest of my time I spent holed up in my room, trying to get some work done. Luke was over quite a lot though, and we helped each other study. He hadn't asked many questions about my relationship with Calum, which I was grateful for. I didn't exactly know what to make of it. There was no denying the butterflies in my stomach everytime I saw him, everytime he smiled, everytime he kissed me. But the knowledge that I'd have to break up with him eventually lay heavy on my chest. As for Lilah, she'd simply told me that she was confused as to whether she shipped us or wanted it to be over as soon as possible.

"It's simple," she'd said, unknowingly echoing Luke's words from a few weeks ago. "It's either you break your heart or he breaks yours. It's all just a matter of time."

But at this point I wasn't sure it was that simple anymore. And the more I thought about it, the more I started to think that there was no way this could end well for my heart.

When Friday came around, Calum went up to me and told me in very explicit terms that he'd had enough of me having to work every night and that I was sleeping over at his so I could make up for all the time I'd been neglecting him. I refrained from pointing out that we'd seen each other everyday at school, and just nodded. It wasn't like every part of me wasn't burning to say yes.

After my last class period, I met up with him in the parking lot. By then I'd gotten used to the looks, so I just smiled at the girls who were glaring a bit too insistently.

"Come on," Calum grinned, his eyes lighting up.

I skipped over to Betty and crooned over her. I'd never get over how beautiful the bike was.

"Where did you even get her?" I asked.

"My dad bought it for me when I got my license. I always got fancy gifts from my parents growing up cause they're never around and they feel bad about it," he said, and despite his careless tone I could tell this had hurt him as a kid.

I nodded.

"He's got good taste," I praised.

"Nah, I chose it. He just brought me to the store and asked which one I wanted."

I laughed.

"Alright, let me rephrase that: you've got good taste."

"I agree babe," he smirked before handing me his spare helmet. "Let's go."