Chapter 29

Cami's POV:

Wednesday, Luke and I had just sat down at our usual table for lunch when he stated:

"I think I'm gonna ask Lilah out today."

I choked on my water and started coughing.

"Oh my god Luke that is so not something you tell me randomly when I've been waiting for this moment forever."

He scrounged his nose up.

"You've been waiting for this moment forever?"

"Well yeah! I always thought you guys would be great together."

"Even when I liked Rebecca?"

"Of course! You and Lilah have been my OTP since I came here!"

"Your OTP is Destiel," Luke pointed out.

I had to admit that was true. Luke and I had finally started watching Supernatural last week and we were already on the fourth season. All I had to say was Destiel five-ever.

"Well, my real life OTP."

"Hannah and Oli Sykes?"

"Ugh you know me too well. I mean I really really shipped you, okay?"

He grinned.

"Okay."

"So when are you gonna do it? How are you gonna do it?"

His smile disappeared immediately and his eyes widened.

"I had to do something special? I just thought I could casually ask!"

"Oh! Um..."

"Is that bad? It's just so you know, if she turns me down I can say I meant as friends..."

"Boy, she is not gonna turn you down," I promised him with a wicked smile. "But no, you don't need to do anything special, she's not really that kind of girl. I just thought you'd be way more nervous than this."

He leaned over to me and whispered dramatically.

"I'm in denial."

Just then, Rebecca put her plate down next to us and took a seat. She looked at how close our faces were and raised an eyebrow.

"Am I interrupting something?"

"Of course not," I replied smoothly. "Where are the others?"

"I don't know man, I just came out of my Bio class, but I think they're having an English test right now. Poor them. Mrs. Wecksmorth is such a bitch."

"How did your talk with Ashton go?" I asked her, knowing she'd met up with him to discuss their relationship yesterday.

She blushed slightly and played with the bracelets on her wrist.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend."

"And?"

"Well I said yes, duh," she said a bit breathily, her smile huge.

"Aww that is so cute. You should totally thank me for introducing the two of you."

Her eyes widened.

"Oh my god that is so true! I never realized you were the one who brought us together! Wow. Thank you so much!"

I giggled and mock-bowed.

"Very welcome."

"Yeah yeah," Luke said in amusement, "if you'd just tagged along one of the numerous times I tried to drag you to the video store, you would've met him before."