Chapter 30

Calum's POV:

I followed Cami inside her house. I'd never had a good look before, since Cami had always dragged me directly to her room (it sounded much nicer than it actually had been). Now, I took the time to admire the white-and-glass themed livingroom. It could've come across as impersonal, but the numerous pictures hanging on the wall made up for it. One of them caught my attention. It could maximum be one year old, and was of Luke and Cami. She had her head on his shoulder, smiling at him as he showed her how to play the guitar. I felt something bitter in my mouth as I remembered them kissing on Friday. Sure it had been a dare and she'd told me she only thought him as a friend, but—

"Cal, stop sightseeing. The TV is here!"

I detached my gaze from the framed picture and saw Cami sprawled on a white couch, remote in hand as she faced the flat screen.

"What do you wanna play?"

"Something you won't win," I answered.

"Fat chance of that happening anyway," a male voice snickered.

I turned to face him in wariness. Honestly, Cami hung out with too many guys. He was maybe an inch or two shorter than me, with dark brown eyes and hair an exact mix of brown and red. Just like Cami's. Something like a relieved sigh escaped my lips as I realized this must be her brother.

"Cal, meet Sam. Sam, Cal."

"Hey," Sam said curtly. "So, do you actually wear pants or do you just paint them on your legs?"

I dropped my head and looked at my even-tighter-than-usual jeans. I frowned, trying to remember where I had gotten them.

"Yeah, I kinda stole these from a girl."

"I don't believe you," Sam scoffed. "You're probably just too embarrassed to admit you bought them in the girl section at a store."

I tightened my jaw, too hurt in my manly pride not to reply.

"No, I'll let you know that I stole them from Linda, that totally hot chick I accidentally did twice and that I had to escape in the morning because she was begging for more."

Sam's eyebrows shot up.

"Wow, that's totally the sort of guy I want hanging out with my sister," he said sarcastically.

I huffed. He'd asked for it! But that reminded me. I glanced towards Cami, suddenly nervous about what her reaction to what I'd said would be. She'd told me times and times again that she didn't like my player ways, especially when someone got hurt. And here I'd just boasted about fucking Linda and leaving her wanting more. But Cami seemed to have no reaction. She was playing with a thick black bracelet on her left wrist, and simply lifted cool blue eyes to me when she noticed my staring.

"You should probably give her the jeans back," she said, her voice betraying no emotion. "Pants aren't free you know. You can't just steal someone's clothes and not give them back."

I raised an eyebrow at that, considering I still hadn't gotten my tee-shirt back.

"Yeah, you can't do that," I said, matching her tone.

She caught my reference and rolled her eyes, getting up from the couch. She briefly waved her hands between her brother and me.

"You guys play nice. I'll go get it."

As soon as she'd left, Sam turned to me, a scowl on his face.

"So, hooking up with Linda, was that before or after you got with Grace?"