Chapter 19

Calum's POV

I had trouble keeping my laughter in as Cami danced wildly to the song, hollering out the lyrics. I'd thought she was acting crazy before, but it was nothing compared to this. Her already messy bun had strands flying everywhere, her make-up was smudged, her dress had come up higher around her thighs...she looked absolutely stunning. Her eyes were shining like blue fire in the dimness of the room, the smile on her lips so big I was afraid she was gonna crack her face. I thought she'd have to tire at some point but no, she jumped around like a spitfire, waving her arms around her head.

She pouted as she saw that I wasn't singing along and poked me harshly in the ribs. I let out a gasp and she glared at me. Jesus woman, calm down. I had to admit, when I'd asked for some more punky music, I had no idea she would react this way. Can't say I wasn't enjoying it though. She looked so free.

"Are you ready for something really cheesy?" I asked her in between-songs.

She nodded, eyes bright as she looked up at me.

"You're an American idiot."

She started to frown but I cut off all reply.

"But you know what? That's okay, because you're my American idiot."

Her head fell backwards as she burst out laughing, then looked back up and narrowed her eyes at me, shaking her head.

"I'm not your anything! I belong only to myself."

"You're my dance partner," I shrugged, making her laugh again.

I liked it when she laughed. Why had I ignored her this whole week again?

"You're so stupid Cal," she said with a shit-eating grin.

The warmth and honeyed tone in her voice as she said the nickname nearly made my heart skip. Ah yes, that's why. She leaned her face towards me until her lips were barely an inch from mine. On impulse, I bent down to erase all distance, but she swiftly placed a finger against my mouth.

"I'm a bit tipsy," she whispered brightly, like it was a secret she'd been wanting to share with me forever.

It was adorable. But the cute moment broke when she suddenly broke away from my light hold on her waist.

"That's MCR!" She shouted.

And indeed, the music started blaring Nananana.

"Drugs give me drugs, give me drugs!" She yelled out and then said lyrics that I was 100% sure weren't the right ones.

Deciding to just go with the flow, I jumped along with her and belted out the real ones.

"Love give me love, give me love, I don't need it but I'll take what I want from your heart and I'll keep it, in a bag, in a box, put an X on the floor, give me more, give me more, give me more!"

Apparently she was sober enough to slap my chest. Harshly too. Maybe I was too convincing? Oops. But then her eyes caught mine in a stare-down as she sang the lyrics, and I felt every thought fly out of my head. I was lost to the moment, to her eyes, to her.

So when she shouted 'Kiss me you animal!'...I did.

One of my arms slipped around her waist while the other went to her cheek, pulling her mouth harshly to mine. She was kissed me back fervently; her arms going around my neck and pulling at my hair in a way that made shivers run down my spine. I let my hand fall from her waist and move down the smooth material of the dress to her hip, and she gasped lightly against me. I took the opportunity to deepen the kiss; she tasted of honey and lemon and vodka and god—I never wanted this to stop. We were making out in the middle of the dance floor but somehow no one was paying attention to us, just like the world fell away around us. I pulled my mouth away from me and trailed small, fiery kisses down her neck as she gasped for breath and tangled her fingers in my hair. I was drowning in the scent of her, the feeling of her satin-like skin. It drove me mad—