Chapter 7

Cami's POV:

I had my eyes locked on the target as I advanced on him. I wasn't the only one; everyone in the hallway seemed to be staring at him and his Amazon-like girlfriend. But while they gave the hit-couple a wide berth, I, completely ignoring the golden rule of high school, made my way briskly over to them. When I came within reaching distance, I gave Calum a glare and shoved my beloved copy of Pride and Prejudice in his chest. He looked up in shock.

"Read this," I said, my tone suffering no discussion. "And I swear to God, if it's in any way harmed when I get it back—" I let the sentence hang, the threat perfectly clear.

Not leaving him a chance to answer, I turned to the beauty at his side and flashed her a quick smile.

"Hi, I'm Cami."

Then I turned on my heels and left.

"You're awesome!" Lilah declared as we walked to our lockers before the first hour started.

"No, I'm pissed."

"Well pissed-you is pretty badass."

"I'd like to think that I'm always badass, but you know..." I cracked a smile, winking at her.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, are you any good at Math?"

I stared at her.

"Math is the bane of my existence."

"I was hoping you'd say that..."

"Why?"

"Because that makes Luke the only person in our group who's decent at it!" She grinned.

"Are you kidding? He's a fucking genius."

"My point exactly!"

"You do know that if you wanted private lessons with him," (insert extreme wiggling of eyebrows) "you could just have asked him. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind."

"What are you on about?" She blushed. "I just need tutoring in Math!"

"Right. But it can only be with Luke..."

"Fine, I might or might not have a tiny little thing for him. Happy now?"

"Lilah, I've known you for two days and I already see you're crushing. Don't act like it's a secret."

"I'm that obvious?"

"Um yeah. But he's pretty oblivious, so no worries."

She groaned.

"But that means that all the girls know..."

"Well yeah. Unless they're blind. You kinda blew your own cover with me, though," I reminded her. "So what do you think will come of these 'tutoring' lessons?"

"Stop making it sound so dirty!" She yelled, laughing.

"What's dirty?" Luke suddenly asked from behind us.

Lilah blushed like a tomato, while I smirked.

"Hemmings...of course you'd pop up the second the word 'dirty' is said."

"Nah, otherwise I'd be hanging with the Michael crew," he grimaced. "Though I am curious as to why you'd be talking dirty..." Suddenly a wicked glint lighted in his eyes. "Wait, are you having some sort of girl on girl action? Cause I wouldn't mind seeing that," he smirked.

"Luke, shut up. This is like incest," I wrinkled my nose.

"Nah, Lilah totally makes up for it," he winked.