Chapter 4

Cami's POV:

"I hate him," I announced as I plumped down on my bed. "He's insufferable."

"But you'll still go with it, right?" Luke said with a light smirk.

I swear that boy knew me too well.

"Of course! Plus have you seen how hot he is?"

Luke laughed out loud and jumped on the bed next to me.

"I knew you'd enjoy this! We just need a plan of action."

I narrowed my eyes and smirked.

"How about you let me figure that out on my own? No offense, but I think I'm better at seducing boys than you are..."

"What do you know?" Luke huffed. "Did I never tell you what happened that one time Jeremy and I went into a gay bar?"

"No! Why the hell would you go to a gay bar anyway?"

"Cause it's fun," Luke laughed. "Also Jeremy's gay."

"Oh, alright. So what happened?"

"Well, Jeremy left me to go find his soulmate, and I was so lost in a crowd of guys who all wanted my body!"

"You're such a drama queen. Poor babe, they 'wanted your body'!" I mocked him and poked his flat stomach. "Who would want that body?"

It was obviously a joke, and Luke was well aware of it as he grinned.

"A crowd of gay guys apparently."

"Right," I sassed and fell back in the bed. "Today was so exhausting."

"We didn't do shit, though. It's the first day of school," Luke pointed out.

"Shut up smartass. It was still more tiring than back home."

"'Home'," Luke noted my use of the word.

"Well, this doesn't feel exactly like home yet," I sighed a bit sadly.

"We'll make it feel like home," Luke declared cheerily.

I broke into a smile and kissed his cheek.

"Anywhere with my bestie is good."

"That's what I wanted to hear! Now let's put some food in that fridge," Luke said, pointing towards the mini-fridge that my dad had installed next to a counter running down one of the walls.

"Sure thing."

As we stole some goodies from the kitchen downstairs and brought them back to my bedroom, we exchanged stories about the worst teachers at our school. I smiled happily as I watched him chat away about his Spanish teacher in his strong Australian accent. It had faded over the years he'd spent in America, but now it was fully back and his pronunciation made me laugh so much. All in all it was nice to be in Australia, considering it was filled with beautiful Australian boys with beautiful Australian accents.

"Cami, you're zoning out. I hope you weren't thinking about Calum."

"I wasn't! It's just I love your accent."

Luke pouted.

"I like the American accent better. I miss American girls."

"Um, hello-o! There's one right here!"

"But that's not the same..."

I snorted.

"Right, good to know I'm appreciated."