Chapter 18

Cami's POV:

He was talking to another girl, leaning into her with his hand on her hip. Despite the intimate position, he looked frankly annoyed with her, his eyes sending glances around the room as if looking for an escape. She seemed just as irritated, but less in a bored way than plaintive. Probably another girl he'd slighted and then thrown away carelessly. Internally I thanked the girl for giving me a reminder of why I was doing this thing. I would see to it that this boy was brought down.

The poor girl eventually gave up, walking away with a disgusted shake of her head. I bit my lip, debating whether I should go talk to her or not, but opted for negative. Right now, she needed a close friend who would hold her and listen to her. Instead, I grabbed the two beers and headed back to where I'd left Lilah. She was still standing there, but she'd somehow found a cute brunette, and was obviously flirting. Catching my eye, she gave me a see-I'm-doing-what-you-wanted-me-to-please-leave-me-alone-now look, and I looked down at my glasses. Oh well, I guessed I now had two drinks for myself. I was just about to put the first one to my lips when someone stole my second one. Lowering the glass from my mouth, I narrowed my eyes menacingly at Louisa.

"Mine," I said ferociously.

"Not anymore!"

"How come you're always the first one I find at parties?"

"I have a badass radar," Louisa confided.

"Aww thanks," I started to say, but she carried on as if I hadn't interrupted.

"That's how I constantly know where I am."

Rolling my eyes, I slapped her arm, and she laughed out loud.

"But you know what they say. Birds of the same feather..."

"Are you calling me stark-raven crazy?"

"Your words, not mine," she shrugged, a mischievous smile at her lips.

"Alright, alright. Do you know where Jeremy is, by the way? I feel like I should congratulate him or something."

"Oh yeah," she nodded. "He's with Jen and Becky and a couple of other jocks. I left because it grosses me out to see my sis flirt with them. Ugh," she shuddered, closing her eyes as if the image would never leave her mind.

"At least you haven't ever walked in on her doing the do," I said, grimacing at the memory.

"What? Oh my god I am so sorry for you. Wait I didn't know you had an older sister."

"Her name is Jane, she's twenty. But yeah, it's not something I'll ever forget."

"Was it with her boyfriend?"

"Hmm-hmm. They broke up though, just before coming down here."

"Oh. Was it bad?"

"Pretty, yeah. But you know how it is to have a broken-hearted sister..."

"Yeah... Rebecca cried three days straight. It was horrible."

"I know the feeling," I sighed.

"You know what, this is not a subject of conversation for a party!" She suddenly yelled out. "Now, what's the craziest thing you've ever done at a party?"

"I had sex with a stranger."

"You—what? Tell me more!"

"Okay," I sighed, though unable to keep the grin from my face. "So, long story short, I was at a party, we were both drunk out of our minds and yeah, shit happened. Best sex ever though. Seriously."