Chapter 20

Cami's POV:

"No! Monopoly will tear us apart!" Jane exclaimed dramatically. "Remember last time?"

My mom raised her eyebrows and nodded, changing her mind instantly.

"Jane's right. The rug is new, and I don't really want anyone spilling drinks on it."

"It was my head," Jane pointed out.

My brother shrugged.

"Maybe you shouldn't have showed off so much. Then it wouldn't have happened."

My sister narrowed her eyes at him.

"You little—"

"No cursing!" My mom cut her off.

"Fine, whatever. But we're not playing Monopoly," she said fiercely.

My dad and I exchanged saddened glances.

"Oh well...I rather enjoyed winning last time," I sighed.

"You did not win!" My brother exclaimed in outrage.

"But," I continued imperturbably, "if you guys all insist, we can always play something else."

"Thank you," Jane said drily.

"The question is: what?"

"Uno?"

"Nah..."

"Memory?"

"I suck at that," I pouted, and my mom nodded her agreement.

"Perfect!" Jeremy smiled. "Memory it is then!"

"What?" My mom and I protested at the same time, but everyone ignored us.

I looked at my former accomplice, dad, but he shook his head at my pleading look.

"Nope. Memory sounds even better than Monopoly. Better chance of winning."

"Ugh," I told my mom, "we have been abandoned."

Fifteen minutes later, I was sorely losing, and my dad and brother were fighting for the last few pieces. Turning to Jane, I asked her about the university again.

When I'd woken up yesterday, she was already home. Then again, I'd woken up really late after that crazy night. Jenifer had given both Lilah and I a ride home after Calum kissed me (shit shit shit), but it was still way past midnight. Since I'd respected my mom's rules (I wasn't that drunk, just tipsy), I'd been left alone to sleep all I wanted. We'd had some sister time during the afternoon, walking around Sydney. She'd told me about the different classes she was taking and the friends she'd made, and I'd done the same.

Now, she was telling me that she'd planned to meet up with a new friend of hers, and invited me along.

"Sure!" I grinned. "What is she like?"

"She's the sweetest thing ever! Funny and smart and beautiful—"

I laughed at the friend-crush my sister obviously had. No judging though, I'd been there.

"Looking forward to meet her then."

Once the game was over (to no-one's surprise, my brother won), Jane and I informed the parents of our plans and went out the door.

Jane was right. Mali was absolutely adorable, not to mention the most gorgeous girl I'd ever seen. Oh my god. We took a coffee and joked around for some time, complaining about boys, work and life in general. Eventually she invited us back to her place.