Chapter 11

Cami's POV:

Fifteen minutes later, we were all in Lilah's green car, on our way to the party. The two had been to enough of them to know the way to James' house by heart. I kinda wondered what his parents did for a living. Were they ever at home?

Even though it was only 8h30 when we arrived, the party was already in full swing. The music was cranked up so high it was a wonder I wasn't deaf yet. Empty cups of beer were littered all over the beautiful, green garden. And the people. They were everywhere; talking, singing, dancing, laughing, kissing, grinding... A real party. We slowly made our way to the house, trying to look for the rest of my friends. As soon as he saw the mass of people inside, Luke took hold of my hand, probably afraid he'd lose me in the crowd. Smart move, since I was immediately pulled to the side by someone who looked suspiciously like Jeremy.

"Hey, want some beer?" He slurred, obviously completely out of it.

I couldn't help cracking a grin at the sight.

"Nah, I'm fine. Thanks for the offer though, Jer."

"I like it when you call me Jer," he nodded. "You're nice." He then pointed obnoxiously to Luke, who was standing right next to me. "I know you! You're Luke!"

"That I am," Luke agreed with a chuckle.

"You're nice too. And I need to throw up," he added as an afterthought.

Luke and I exchanged a panicked glance as he started wobbling towards the door.

"I'll take care of him," Luke assured me. "Try to find the girls."

I turned back to the crowd and let out a defeated sigh. Where had Lilah gone? I started cutting through the crowd, looking for food. I wasn't exactly known for handling my liquor well, so I wouldn't tempt fate by drinking on an empty stomach.

By some random stroke of luck, I found Louisa at the table with pizza bites.

"Heyo, what's up?" She asked with a shit-eating grin.

"Nothing much, I was just looking for you guys. Did you see the others?"

"Well I came here with my sister, but she disappeared with this cute guy on the dancefloor, and I haven't seen Ethan and Jenifer yet, but they're probably somewhere sucking their faces off. What about Lilah and Luke? Weren't you with them?"

"Um yeah, but I kinda lost Lilah? And Luke went outside to help Jeremy not throw up on himself."

Louisa grimaced.

"Oh."

"Yeah... So, this is cool."

"It's cooler when there's less people smothering you. In an hour or so it'll clear out, cause the unidentified people who just got here for the free alcohol will be forced to leave."

"What? How?"

"Um yeah, James has this really muscular guy throw out everyone who looks on the way to be passed out. And then the real fun begins."

"The real fun?" I echoed.

"Yeah. With better alcohol, more music and more space to actually dance. In the meantime, do like me: eat."

"Sounds like a plan to me."

So I joined her in her dinner while we laughed at the people making fools of themselves everywhere. Just like she'd said, an hour later, the place started to clear out, and eventually there were only fifty to seventy people at the party. By then we'd been joined by both Lilah, Ethan and Jenifer. Luke had sent me a text saying he'd driven Jeremy home and was on his way back, so he'd be here any minute. I leaned against a wall and watched as a few guys started putting out tables in the room next to ours, and I definitely spotted bottles of tequila. Hmm, body shots? That sounded good. Just then, someone grabbed me by the arm, and I turned to see Lilah tug me towards the dancefloor, a bottle of vodka in her hand.