Chapter 14

Cami's POV:

"Come on, please!" Luke pleaded with me.

"No! If you want to buy movies, go do it alone."

"But I need your opinion! We both know we're gonna end up watching them together anyway."

"Ugh, whatever. I guess my Math homework can wait."

"Hey, speaking of that, Lilah's coming over tonight for the tutoring."

"Aha! That's why you want to buy movies. You want to know what she would like!"

"Yes. See, I need your help, and quickly."

"Alright, alright. I hope for your sake it's not too far away."

Smiling hugely, he took hold of my arm and practically dragged me down the next few streets. Catching a glance of Rebecca and Jenifer, I awkwardly waved at them. They just shook their head and smiled at the sight of Luke hauling me along to the video store.

"See you tomorrow!" Jen yelled, and I sent her thumbs-up.

Finally we arrived to the store, and Luke eagerly stepped inside. Immediately a guy a few years older than us with hazelnut hair and matching eyes came towards us and smiled, flashing dimples.

"Hello," he said in a very Australian voice. "How may I help you?"

"Cut the crap Ashton. You can't help me, though," Luke shook his head. "Not this time. I need a girl's advice."

Ashton raised his eyebrows and turned to me expectantly, probably waiting for an introduction. I shrugged at him as Luke disappeared in the rows of DVDs.

"Oh well, since Luke seems to have forgotten his manners, I'll just introduce myself," I grinned. "I'm Cami."

"You're American," Ashton noted appreciatively.

"Yes I am. I'm also a lot of other things, but that seems to be what everyone remembers..."

"Well, I'm remembered as video guy. I don't know if it's any better..."

"True," I nodded. "So you work here?"

"Yup. It's where I met Luke, by the way. He your boyfriend?"

"Nope, best friend."

"Oh, so you're free?" He asked mischievously.

My eyebrows shot up.

"I didn't say that."

"Are you?" He asked, flashing dimples again.

"Stop hitting on Cami," Luke groaned, reappearing at my side. "You would be a terrible match, so just forget it."

That being said, he dragged me along to the movies section.

"Okay, so what does she like?"

"Action movies."

"Really? That's great! I have tons of action movies."

He still bought a few more to be sure, and then looked at me pensively.

"You know what we need, Cami?"

"What?"

"We need a new series to binge-watch. You know, like we used to do?"

"Oh my god yes! But what?"

"I don't know... Something funny but scarily cool at the same time."

"Uh... Do you think now's the time to ask for Ashton's help?"

"Sure."

We walked back to the front desk, where Ashton was sitting, fiddling with his phone.