Chapter 13

Calum's POV:

Since I'd decided to go after Cami, things hadn't been going so well. She ignored me for the better part of the week, making me go to such lengths as to read a book for her, then she got drunk and danced in a way to make me half lose my mind, and the next morning she talked to me as if we were back to normal. Whatever 'normal' was. Safe to say I was confused. What the hell was up with this girl?

I got it when they were interested. I got it when they weren't. I got it when they pretended not to be. What I didn't get was the way she was behaving. Moodswings much?

Anyway, it had me confused enough that I was extremely wary going in French class on Monday morning. What would she be like?

I sat next to Eric, as usual, who took it upon himself to describe in details how he'd gotten lucky at James' party, and then ditched the girl to sleep with my girlfriend. Eric was one of the few guys who knew that my relationship with Grace was fake. Not because we were close, but because he had quite a few times gotten 'close' with my girlfriend. No hard feelings.

"That's great, Eric," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, no need to go all mighty on me. By the way, how is it with Linda?"

"Linda?"

"Yeah, you know, the girl you've been chasing for three weeks and finally got?"

"Why do you care? Wanna know if she's for grabs?" I snickered.

"Maybe I do."

"Well, you know I don't do second times. So go ahead, have your fun. Not sure she'll be very willing, but you can try."

At this point, I wasn't really paying attention, because Cami and her friend had just entered the room. Immediately I tried to assess her mood. Was she going to be accessible or not? As If sensing my gaze, she raised her head and met my gaze. Seeing how pleasure lit up in her eyes as she noticed I'd been looking at her, I smirked. So this scheme of mine wasn't completely hopeless.

I inclined my head towards the table in front of mine, where the two of them had made a habit of sitting, but she just smiled and followed her friend to the front of the room. Talk about confusing.

But I wasn't going to go all puppy-dog on her and follow her (that was not in my seduction book), so I just shrugged and turned my attention to Eric again.

At lunch, I was talking to Mike about the dinner at Grace's parents when my attention was caught by a pretty blonde coming to our table. Okay, scratch the 'pretty'. To be honest, I had no idea what her face was like, there was enough to look at on her body.

"Are you Calum?" She asked in a shrill voice.

"Hmmm?" I managed to say, failing to detach my eyes from her generous cleavage.

"Hey, I'm new here, and I was told you wouldn't mind showing me around?"

Nevermind that it was the second week of school, or that no one would ever point to me to help someone out. Any excuse was good for a quickie. I didn't ask why she needed one. Getting back at a boyfriend, sexual frustration, whatever. I didn't really care.

"Sure, I'll help you," I said, getting up from my seat.

I ignored Mike's low wolf-whistle, too focused on the newbie, whose name I still hadn't caught. Not that I cared. I told her to follow me, and she complied, letting me drag her to the nearest bathroom. Locking us inside, I faced her with a smirk.