Chapter 46

Cami's POV:

Stupid stupid stupid. What the hell had gotten into me? This was playing right in his hands. And yet the boy had the fucking nerve to tell me to stop dancing with James and then flirt shamelessly with a random girl.

"What the hell?" The girl yelled, bloody murder in her eyes.

I barely sent her a glance, my attention held by Calum. His face was expressionless, but I could tell from the vein pulsing at his neck that he was angry. Very angry. What right did he have to be angry? I might have broken up with him all these weeks ago, but he wasn't the one spending his days crying and loosing his appetite and going half-mad. Oh no, he had it just fine. The hickeys on his neck told me just that. I repressed a scream of sheer frustration and was about to turn on my heels when his arm shot out and he pulled me back to him.

"Are you gonna explain what the fuck this was about?" He mimicked me, a slight smirk at his lips.

"You asshole," I muttered, absolutely infuriated.

"Jealous girl say what?"

I let out a cold laughter.

"I told you once and I'll tell you again, I would never be jealous of someone who spends his days finding new fucks. I have some sense of pride, for one."

"Oh please, you think I didn't see you acting like a whore with James? I pulled him off of you to save your reputation. I fucking pity you."

The words were like a slap to my face.

"Right. Okay," I let out another slightly disbelieving laugh and just left.

I was halfway through the room when his hand found my arm again, and I shrugged his touch away like it had burned me.

"Wait, that's not what I meant!"

"I know exactly what you meant and you can go fuck yourself," I spat.

"Please," he said, almost too quiet for me to hear under the throbbing pulse of the music. "Please Cami, stop."

"Stop what?" I tried to make it come out harshly, but failed as my throat closed up.

He kept silent but followed me as I went outside into the garden, away from the headache-inducing music and the too many and too happy people inside. I couldn't do this anymore. He didn't know how much being around him was unbearable to me, how much I just longed to be in his arms again and forget about the world around and I just couldn't.

"Can you just leave?" I said tiredly.

"Yeah I'm...I'm sorry," he whispered. "I'm sorry."

His voice was gravelly and there was a small noise like a sob. I gasped, turning around to face him. It was too dark outside for me to see his face clearly.

"Are you...are you crying?" I asked, my voice frail.

"I just...I really tried to stop loving you!"

"Is this some kind of a sick joke? Cause you're not funny!"

"Does this look like a joke to you?" He asked harshly.

"I don't—"

"Does this look like a fucking joke to you? Oh yes, I know how funny our relationship was for you, how funny it was to carefully wrap me around your finger and play me like a fucking puppet. But tell me, this joke of yours, do you realize how it might not be as funny for me? Did that ever occur to you, huh? And then you throw it in my fucking face and ignore me like I'm not even worth any of your glances? You think you can do all of that and then say I'm disgusting for sleeping around? Who do you think you fucking are?"