Beginnings

CRASH!

The mirror in the living room had been destroyed when an older man had thrown a small girl into it.

"You stupid brat! I sold you to the neighborhood so I could make money! You're worthless and useless!"

With that, the young girl shakily gets up and goes to the bathroom to clean herself up. Her hair was a mess bet skin paler than usual, but did anyone care? Fucks no. All she could do was stare at herself in the mirror, and cry softly. She had no idea why she was being tormented the way she was, but it wasn't fair. Since the day she was born, she had been hurt by the one man that was supposed to love and care for her well-being instead Cleopatra got a selfish alcoholic bastard of a man.

The same day she was brought home her father wanted to kill her. He went to the garage where he was arguing with her mom. The entire neighborhood could hear the argument, many saw what was happening in the garage but didn't do anything to stop it. He threw Cleopatra head first onto the concrete floor, just to prove a point to his wife, she screamed in anger and sadness, packed her belongings and left. Believing that her only child was dead and her husband was a lunatic.

Turns out Cleopatra was still very much alive, and from that point forward her life just got worse.

Cleopatra had snuck out of the house late at night when her father was dead asleep, and ran to the neighbors house at the very end of the street. It belonged to an elderly couple and Cleopatra would constantly run there after gotten beaten or finishing other tasks the people of the neighborhood would ask. They all knew what happened/ happens in that house. But they can't do much to stop it from happening.

She reaches the house and knocks three times, their secret passcode, to be let in. Immediately the door opened and the couple was met with a bloodied and scratched up little girl. The wife took her to get cleaned up. They were like a real family. Once Cleopatra was patched up, she wrapped Cleopatra in fuzzy blankets and sat her on the couch. Cleopatra could hear the couple talking.

"He's going to kill Cleo, we have to do something."

"Yes I know honey but what can we really do? He'll end up using his money from his corporation to hide the fact that he did anything wrong like he usually does." 'Grandma was right dad would just buy anyone out so he wouldn't go to prison. It happened with several other policemen came to investigate a particularly bad night for Cleo and next thing Cleo knew she was back in the same hellish cycle.'

"Jess we could send her to the summer camp. We have more than enough money to send her there for the rest of the summer. We could tell him it's a camp that teaches young girls how to be more useful until we actually figure out a way to remove her from this." Grandpa James made a fantastic suggestion and it seems Grandma Jessy was agreeing. So that's what was happening. Grandma Jessy was running around the house grabbing all the clothes that she had gotten me and the clothes I had brought here to be repaired. Grandpa James was on the phone calling who knows who. I was just stunned. I couldn't believe that this was happening. Grandpa got off the phone and yelled out "Jess a counselor from the camp will be arriving soon, he's the son of a family friend. Cleo will be in great hands!" She started throwing more stuff in. She eventually switched to a duffle bag and a purse. I was crying, I could feel the tears streaming down my face and I had a smile on my face. I was overwhelmed.

Time flew much faster than Cleo had wanted. She had her two bags in her hand, a new set of clothes on her person and her long nails got done thanks to her Grandma (Indigo by the way). The counselor had pulled up and after a long talk with him. Cleopatra was gone.

That had been last night into early this morning. Cleopatra couldn't believe it. Her heart was racing and she was so freaking excited. She was placed in a cabin with two girls: Mimi and Sora. Cleopatra had decided to take a lap outside. It was a normal day at summer camp, or at least it should have been when it started to snow all of a sudden. The kid in the tree, Tai, had awoken when a piece of snow fell on him. Tai and some other kids went running back into their cabins. She saw the computer guy, Izzy, running. Then she spotted the 'lone wolf', Matt, and his little brother TK. Finally good old reliable Joe, a guy who was a major phobia type of guy. Cleopatra had finally made it to the cabin where Mimi and Sora were. Both gals seemed nice, but Mimi seemed like a pink highlighted spoiled brat. Sora, Cleopatra thought she was a sweet girl.