On My Own

Everyone was gone. Split up and gone our separate ways. I was alone. Just walking around by myself. I wanted to keep the group together, but without Tai it was just heartbreaking. Everyone just kept leaving and little I kept breaking until I was the only left.

Shadwomon could feel my sadness as we walked. I had zero idea on where I was going, but I just walked on anyways.

I reached a cave area and walked in. I didn't care if I got hurt or not, everything just seemed...pointless.

Walking further into the cave I heard a groan. Shadow and I looked at one another and walked further into the cave.

" Stupid Lumimon!" Walking closer I heard the voice mutter.

Sneaking closer I realized that it was Zephymon. She was injured and was trying to heal herself, but it wasn't going so well. Sneaking closer I watched her.

" Whoever's there come out. I can sense you."

I slowly revealed myself to Zephymon. She got upset as she saw me and tried to stand up, but she groaned and sat back down.

"Why are you here? Come to finish me off?"

I shook my head no. It was dark so I created a fireball to brighten up the cave and see my surroundings better.

"Where's your friends? Oh let me guess, they left you? Some friends." She sneered.

"What happened to your side?" I asked ignoring the comments.

She sneered at me once more and ignored me. Slumping against the wall. I did the same thing and looked away from her.

It was tense quiet with the exception of Zephymon's grunts and groans. She was clearly struggling. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a few sticks and lit them on fire and walked over to her. She glared at me in confusion, but brushed it off and took her hand off the wound and focused.

"Arg! That burns! What the hell are you doing?" she asked enraged.

"Helping you dumbass. You're clearly hurt. I have experience dealing with things like this. Stop moving, it'll make it worse."

She stilled her movement and glared as I focused. In a few moments, the wound was healed.

"There *gasp* you should be fine now."

Zephymon touched her side and gasped in amazement, "Why are you helping me. I could easily kill you now."

Shadow flew in front of me, "Over my dead body. Traitor."

I looked at Zephymon and Shadowmon in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Zephymon was a great, proud and protective digimon. She was a protector for File Island and then suddenly she stopped, she turned mean, rude, and cowardly. She basically became a mercenary of sorts, typically for those who were evil, like Devimon. We were confused and hurt by her betrayal, she's a dirty traitor!"

Zephymon looked down as Shadowmon yelled. "Calm down Shadow, calling her names isn't going to do anything. Maybe if Zephymon got to explain we could figure out some answers?..."

Zephymon was still looking down, but spoke, " Shadowmon was correct that I was a great, proud, and protective guardian of sorts. I was terrified of Devimon's power, I figured that if I joined the side that was winning/stronger side. I wouldn't be hurt and neither would the rest of you. I was supposed to be the keeper of Harmony, now I'm just trying to do anything to live. The DigitalWorld has changed so much."

Shadow was glaring at Zephymon, but it wasn't as heated as before. "See Shadowmon, there's always a reason, no matter how screwed up it is." Zephymon glared at me, but sighed nonetheless.