City Under Siege

I was trying to access the others' crests to see what I could do. I have Sincerity, which I guess is healing. It's weird everything I have and do is tied to my friends. When I first got here I didn't have any now I have eight.

"Poor, Agumon. You're always getting beat up." Kari said as she helped him by bandaging the dino's paw.

"There, how does that feel?" she asked.

"You're getting good at this." Agumon said as she laughed.

"No way!" Tai's exclamation made us all look over.

"Way. It's true. I saw the whole thing." Matt said.

"That creepazoid. He's cut off the whole entire district." Tai said.

"Mm-hmm. It's that crazy fog bank of his." Matt said.

"This is insane. Holding thousands of people prisoner just so he can find the Ninth Child." Tai said.

"And there's no telling what he'll do if he doesn't find her." Matt said.

Shut up, idiots.

Kari's already upset about everything going on, don't make her feel worse.

Tai kicked a can in his anger before he sat down on a bench.

"This is all my fault, isn't it?" Kari asked softly making the two males gasp as they looked over at her.

"It's all happening because he's looking for me, right? Um, that's why Mom and Dad and everybody are-"

"Now don't say that. It's not your fault." Tai said walking over and placing his hands on her shoulders with a small smile.

"It's just the way things are. It's called destiny." He said.

"And it sucks." I called over to them.

"Don't you worry. I'm gonna bring Mom and Dad home safe and sound and your little buddy Gatomon too." Tai chuckled trying to lift the tense mood.

"Hey, Matt. Do me a favor and look after the girls till I get back." Tai said.

"Uh, sure. No problem." Matt said unsure as he came over.

"Kari, I need you to be a big, strong girl for me while I'm away. Do it for Cleopatra, too, OK?" Tai asked.

"OK. Please be careful." Kari said standing closer to me.

"Yeah, don't do anything stupid. I already did that." I said with a tired smile.

"Hey, aren't I always?" Tai asked giving a thumbs up as his digivice started beeping.

"OK, it's 7:30 am. Give me two hours. If we don't make it back by then, you guys get out of here. Let's go, Agumon!" Tai said.

"OK!" the dino said.

"Be careful, man!" Matt called.

"Wait! I'm coming too. I'm not letting you get yourself killed just to make Cleo worry even more." Zephymon said as she flew after them.

"See ya soon! Everything's gonna be all right!" Tai before he tripped and fell down the stairs, Agumon following while Zephymon sighed in exasperation.

Our heroes.

"I hope so." Kari said.

"I swear, if they die, I'll kill them." I muttered as my eyes glazed over once more.

There were three angels. I knew Angemon, but I didn't recognize the two females.

I snap out of it hearing Kari and Matt talking.