The Arrival of SkullGreymon

Recap-OK, so we just escaped from Etemon, Tai got his Crest, we left the Koromon and now we're stuck in the middle of a desert that goes on for miles and we've been walking for who knows how long with the sun beating down on us.

"Oh, how far do we have to walk?" Mimi whined.

"Until Etemon can't follow us anymore." Joe said.

"I don't think there is such a place." Mimi said.

"We certainly can't stop here in the middle of nowhere. For one thing, if we were attacked, there'd be no place for us to run to." Matt said.

"Hey, come on you guys." Tai said stopping and turned to face the rest of us.

"Why'd we stop? Why's everyone so scared?" he asked.

"After all, we do have the Crest, you know." He said holding the Tag and Crest out for everyone to see.

One crest Tai, there's seven other Crests.

"That's true, but do we really know the crest will help Agumon to digivolve?" Matt asked.

"Of course. Right, Agumon?" Tai asked his orange dino, who turned to him with a confused look.

"Listen buddy, this is your big chance. Don't let me down. You're the only one that can digivolve further, so either you try to get to the next level and save us from Etemon or I'll go and get myself a new digimon!" Tai said making my jaw drop open in shock as Agumon whimpered.

What. The. Heck?! Is that really Tai?!

"Not much of a choice." Tentomon said as he fly by them.

"Arg. By the way, how are we supposed to use the Crests to digivolve again?" Tai asked.

"Well, from what we saw so far, the other digivolutions take a lot of energy, so for example, they can't digivolve if they're hungry." Izzy said making us all look back at him.

"For example, the partner of the digimon must be in some sort of danger. You know, like being under attack or something." The red head said.

"But since it's a high level of digivolving, my theory is even more energy is needed. We'll provide the food and Etemon will provide the danger." Tai said giving his partner a wink, the dino whimpering again.

We all started walking again and I couldn't help but feel like Tai was slowly starting to change into someone else.

"Hey, Dia." I said pausing.

"What's up, Cleo?" she asked as she stopped beside me.

"If I ever start talking to you like that, please feel free to smack me." I said.

"If you say so." She said as we started walking with the others again.

"Huh? Hey, Cleopatra, try and keep up with the group." Joe said as he noticed how far back my pixie and I were from the others.

After an hour or so of more walking, we finally found a place that had food, so Tai decided it was time for us to stop and he was shoving food into Agumon's mouth, the dino looking close to choking.

It was kinda scary to look at.

"No more!" Agumon cried over the mouth in his mouth.

"Just one more eensie bite." Tai said shoving another fruit into the dino's full mouth.

"Ready for the second course?" Tai asked making Agumon leaned back, holding his stomach.

"Oh, stop your belly aching and open wide. You gotta keep on eating. Listen, everyone's giving you their food so that you can digivolve. Isn't that right?" Tai asked the rest of us who were sitting behind them a few feet away.