25

*dingdong*

Samantha looked up from the phone after hearing the bell rang. Nagkatinginan pa sila ni Angelo.

"I'll get it."she insisted."It must be Jakey!"excited na tumayo siya sa couch upang buksan ang pinto.

"Tss."ayan lamang ang naging tugon ni Angelo at ibinalik na ang paningin sa pinanonood na pelikula.

"Hi."bati ng isang baritonong boses pagkabukas ni Samantha ng pinto.

"JAKEY!"nilundag ni Samantha ang kaibigan na ikinatawa naman nito.

"Did you missed me?"tanong nito sa kanya.

"Yes!"agad na tugon niya.

"Ehem."napabitaw si Samantha sa pagkakayakap kay Jake at napatingin sa tumikhim sa kanyang likuran. Nakita niya ang naka-crossed arms na si Angelo.

"Angelo."tawag ni Jake sa pangalan nito, as a sign of greeting.

Tango lamang ang tugon nito at saka bumaling kay Samantha."I believe that a married woman like you should limit her actions especially towards men."he glared at her.

"Then, I'll limit my actions towards you."she said after clinging her arm to Jake's, leading the way inside the house and totally ignoring Angelo's chants.

"I bet you're very busy that you don't have the time to actually make a call to your bestfriend."pagsisimula ni Samantha nang makaupo na sila sa mahabang couch. Bumalik naman si Angelo sa kinauupuan at nagpatuloy sa kunwa'y panonood ngunit ang pandinig ay nasa pinag-uusapan ng dalawa. Napansin naman ni Samantha ang ginagawa niyang pangi-eavesdrop. Inirapan siya nito sabay tayo."C'mon, Jakey. Let's continue this to the-"

"Don't you dare go to our room with your another man!"putol ni Angelo kay Samantha, emphasizing his last words.

"KITCHEN, Jakey. Let's go to the KITCHEN."sabi ni Samantha kay Jake pero nakaharap naman kay Angelo. Natawa naman ng mahina si Jake pero mukhang hindi naman iyon narinig at napansin ng dalawa because they are busy glaring at each other.

They look good together.-mapait na sabi ng sub-conscious ni Jake sa kanya.

"Good. Cause I won't cook you any food for today and I will lock you at the attics if you'll do that."relief is evident in his voice.

Napasinghap si Samantha."You'll do that?!"gulat na tanong nito."You're so mean to me. hmp!"she pouted before turning her head away from him then walks to the kitchen with Jake. Hinangin pa ang buhok nito kaya hindi niya napigilan ang mapahalakhak. Para lamang kasi itong nasa isang shampoo comercial.

"So..."pagsisimula ni Jake nang makaupo na siya sa isa sa mga dining chairs while Samantha was roaming through the refrigerator for some snacks."You two seems very happy together."he bluntly said before he can stop his mouth.

Samantha peeked her head through the opened door of the refrigerator."No!"sumimangot pa ito bago bumalik sa ginagawa."He's always in contrast of me and that was so annoying!"she complained.

"But you're happy with him, aren't you?"for the second time, he spoke without even thinking what he would say. TWICE! He instantly regret what he did say when the ambiance in the room started to change. It's like he brought tension through his question.

Tumikhim si Sam bago isinara ang ref through her feet because she's carrying their snackS with her folded arms. He was quick to help her place all of that to the table.

"Well..."Sam said after picking some snacks and stuff her mouth. Napailing na lamang siya sa katakawan nito."Apparently, yes."she answered while chewing. He ignored the pain and sadness he felt and just focus on Samantha's unlady-like eating.

They started talking about the things happened after their last meeting. Until...

"Don't you have plans on telling Angelo about you running the company?"naging seryoso bigla ang usapan nila.

He's just wondering how she can manage her time between working and taking care of her husband. Talk about multi-tasking, eh?

"For now, I'm still thinking about it."It's hard for her, he can tell."I don't want him to exhaust himself for now, especially there's a lot renovations in the company. I'll just tell him when I already fix it all."she added.

"You really loved him that much, huh?"napayuko na lamang ito. For him, she's close on being a martyr. And he knew it's not her thing.

"So, you're telling me that it's okay with you to get yourself exhausted rather than him?"his jaw clenched when she slowly nods.

He can picture how she's doing all her paperworks when everybody was in their deep sleep.

"Are you even getting enough sleep?"may halong iritasyon ang kanyang boses.

"Of course, she is."he did not bother to turn his head to know who it was."Maybe I always exhaust her to bed but, hey! She's sleeping til noon."he can't help but clenched his jaw. Especially Angelo's smirking at him.

"Angelo!"iritang saway ni Samantha sa asawa. But the red on her cheeks is clearly visible.

"How long have you been there?!"she's panicking inside. What if he heard about the company thingy?!

"Long enough."ngumisi pa ito sa kanya.

"What do you mean by long enough ?!"hindi niya na napigilan ang pagtaas ng kanyang boses. He's making her crazy!

"Calm down, sweetheart."he chuckled throatily. Angelo's looking at Jake mockingly when he said his last word."Why are you so angry? Are you hiding something?"tiningnan ni Angelo ng matiim si Samantha. Agad namang nag-iwas ng tingin ang huli.

"Of course, not! Ano namang itatago ko sayo?"hindi pa din makatingin ng diretso si Sam sa asawa.

"Ano nga ba?"balik-tanong nito sa kanya as he watched him fidget with the hem of her shirt.

"I think I should go."tumayo na si Jake at matapos magpaalam kay Samantha ay umalis na, with his fists balled. Lihim na napangisi si Angelo sa nakita.

I know, sorry sa late update. Anyway, I'll post the Prologue of Dominic's story, Playful Hearts, if not tomorrow, until tuesday, I think. And please check out the teaser. I'd already posted it.