Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Have you ever had one of those moments where everything stopped. Time seemed to stand still like everything was frozen. That's what this felt like to me, as soon as I made the choice to live everything stopped. It was like I could see everything around me including Shaun and myself.

For just that one second I felt at peace like never before. No pain, no worries over what my future held, and lastly I didn't have to worry about my mates. It was selfish of me to feel this way, I knew that but for once I was truly free.

But that moment disappeared, it was like when time stopped and then restarted everything came rushing back. All the pain I had felt over the years came back ten fold, but it wasn't just my pain I felt. I felt it all, Damien's and Luna's pain. For them it was the loss of their one perfect person. Damien's mate and Luna's mother.

I felt Clara and Tony's pain, Clar's pain was the rejection and jealousy of me and Tony's because even though I wasn't his mate he felt he was losing me, and his pain for what he had done to Clara. I felt Terri's pain over what had been dealt to her by her mate Ryan. It was interesting to me that I felt hers and not Ryan's but I could question that later.

I felt Dillion's pain knowing he would never find his mate and wanted to laugh because he had no clue what was in store for him. I felt Shaun's pain and it made me want to cry. His pain all of it centered around me some bad and some good. But I think what nearly killed me was the pain I was feeling from my mates.

I knew in my head and my heart that both Ethan and Alaric had suffered so much pain but I never realized how bad it truly was till now. It felt like my eyes were being opened for the first time and I was terrified. It meant that all the walls I had built around my heart were ready to crumble and I knew all it took was them hurting me once for me to never recover again.

For what seemed like hours and days were probably just minutes but the pain I felt would be seared into my soul forever and it was something I would never be able to forget. I had no idea why I had to feel this pain but I did, and it taught me courage. Weird as it sounded but it was true.

"You needed to feel this so you could understand your people." That voice once again spoke.

"Why are you talking to me what happened to Sarah?" I asked

I had to ask even if I already knew the answer, she had been my friend, my companion, and my voice of reason for so long it would feel weird to not have her with me. As I waited for the pain to slowly dissipate I waited for the one voice I knew would b with me for life. The one voice who knew all the answers and hopefully would share them with me.

"You know sweet child of mine but I will answer it out loud if I must." She spoke softly to me

"Now that you found all four of your protectors Sarah and you are now one." She spoke again in that tone that sent shivers down my spine, the good ones.

"I know you feel hate towards your birth parents but don't, this destiny of yours was a fixed point in time and there was nothing you or your birth parents could have done to stop it." She spoke sadly

"I will miss her." Was all I could say without tears

The thing was is I would truly miss her and I wanted to howl for even though I knew it wasn't true, I felt like someone had died. I needed to grieve and I think my demon knew that to. Otherwise she would have been her normal rude and mean self, which made me want to laugh out loud because I could hear her growling inside my head.

"I am not rude or mean." She spoke in a snobby voice which just made me want to chuckle.

"Yes you are but I'm ok with it. I get how I am a wolf and even the vampire but you, I don't get you at all." I spoke honestly