Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

I closed my eyes and held my breath trying to block all sounds and smell from me knowing that if I didn't try there just might be a hell of a lot of bloodshed.

Mostly me causing it and them, well it wouldn't be my blood painting the walls that's for sure. I was trying to do the right thing by trying to calm down since I had a feeling killing the ones closest to me would set a bad example to others.

I was almost to the point I could push all the rage I was feeling towards them back down due to all the hurt that had been dealt to me. In the background I could hear my uncle trying to make them go away and just give me time and some space otherwise I could and would probably explode.

Sadly none of those idiots were listening and I heard the door breaking as all of them crowed in and talking all at once. Each trying to yell louder than the others.

"Stop it." I whispered

I was trying to be a good example and show that I had left the old me behind. That I would no longer run away when things got too tough or too hard. Trying to show the women that just because our mates were jerks and continued to hurt us that we were paired together for a reason.

Trying so hard to let go of the hurt and rage building inside of me, and trying so hard to ignore the words being thrown around. But I was failing and failing fast and I knew that if it didn't let up I could lose myself once more.

"Stop it." I whispered just a little louder

In some ways I understood their anger towards me. I had once again walked or in my case ran as far as my mind would let me trying to escape the pain I was drowning in. Yet in doing so I had once again left my protectors scrambling in fear trying to find me, wondering if they had failed their duty and I was laying in a ditch somewhere dying and or dead.

Logically I understood and was trying to give them so sort of allowances but my heart and my head were arguing saying two different things and I knew that soon if they didn't stop my control would fly out the window.

"Stop it." I once again tried but while I wanted to shout it from the rooftops my voice barely went about a whisper and they were to loud to hear it anyways

I could feel all my blood rushing throughout my body and it was so loud to me I was almost shocked no one else was hearing it. My eyes snapped open, my fangs lowered yet hadn't fully dropped.

My claws were making an appearance as well because I could feel them digging into my hand as I clenched them so hard into fists trying to fight what my body was demanding of me. In some part of my mind I saw what was happening and I finally began to understand what that woman had been saying.

Yes we were one being now, and her personality as it were was gone but she would always be there silently waiting in the background till it was time to become the monster most had feared I had become. Where I hated that aspect of me she thrived on it and loved the fear that came with it.

I wanted to stay ME, deal with this as ME, not the monster they had accused me to be. I thought I was winning, I felt my fangs and claws retract where they belonged, the blood rushing throughout my body got a little quieter. I was winning till someone grabbed me and then yelled in my face.

"Are you even listening to us?" Tony and Ethan both shouted

I closed my eyes and took a step back and tried to breath even though I knew I no longer needed the air to sustain me. I tried to turn around and walk out the door and keep my cool till I was far enough away and safely let my rage out so as not to hurt anyone in that room.