Chapter Fourteen - Redone

Chapter Fourteen

When I woke up I was in complete darkness, not a soul in sight. I tried to get in contact with my wolf Sarah but for some reason the connection seemed to be cut off. I could still feel her inside me but I had no way to reach out to her. I tried yelling for help but all I got in return were echoes.

I felt around my body and noticed that I was wearing some type of dress although I had no recollection of ever putting it on. It went down to my knees and when I felt around the dress I could feel the zipper in the back but it only went a little up. That told me most of my back was exposed. I touched my neck and felt the straps to tie around to keep the front up and knew that this was not a dress I owned.

I felt my chest and noticed that I now had the same mark on me that Tony did. I wondered for a few minutes what it meant, while I was tracing it with my fingers.

I couldn’t tell what color it was but if felt like someone had branded me with it. Over my right breast I too now had the wolf head with the sword and shield next to it.

“Hello anyone here? If this is your idea of a sick joke it’s not working?” I yelled into the inky darkness.

I started to walk although I had no idea where I was walking to. I could feel that my feet were bare and other than the dress I was put into I wasn’t wearing anything else. Which was weird even for me, I would have at least put on some underwear. It told me someone else had dressed me and whoever it was had seen my body when they weren’t welcome to.

I was walking for what seemed like forever but had been counting my steps and I had only walked for about an hour. I used my brand new mark as a beacon of sorts to see if I could find Tony. It was the only light but was so dim I could only make out shadows within shadows. It was when I stopped walking my body started to hurt, it felt like a thousand hammers pounding my body.

But I quickly turned off the pain and I kept walking forward.  I felt something crawl across my foot and I quickly tried to shake it off but it seemed to cling on to me. As I kept walking I could feel it slowly spread from my foot up to my leg. I had no idea what it was but I knew it probably meant trouble.

At some point I thought I heard crying so I started to run to the noise and understood why. As soon as I saw it I felt nothing but pity for myself. I should have felt something when I watched the movie projector on it showed my father, my real father being murdered by James, Luke’s father. How I knew it was him I didn’t have a clue but something in my gut told me that was Chris the man who gave his life to protect his family.

The movie changed to the day Ella, my birth mother giving birth to me. I had to admit she looked like hell and it looked like it hurt a lot but I could see where I got my looks from. Even in the middle of childbirth she was beautiful. She must have been left alone for just a few minutes when a man appeared on the screen.

“Please I beg of you leave my daughter alone. We did as you asked, we never once took on any of the responsibilities of being the royal wolves please.” I watched Ella cry out.

I wanted to touch the screen and remove the fear on her face and her insight of what was coming but knew I couldn’t even if I really had wanted to

.

“You and your child are dying. Your mate is already dead, so you’re right I have nothing to worry about.” The mystery man laughed evilly.