Chapter Four - Redone

Chapter Four

I ran and I ran trying to block out everything because I could feel how hurt she was when I walked away from her. I was so confused and I could tell Daniel was as confused as I was.

“What the hell is going on?” I asked Daniel.

“I don’t know but we need to go back to find out.” He replied.

I slowly made my way back to the pack house and when I got there a girl who looked like the guy in the bed with us this morning came out holding clothes.

                                                                      ~~

I sat in my mother’s room watching the pack doctor fix my mother up. And for once I didn’t care if she made it or not. I knew that was mean of me but how could she have done that to that poor girl. My brother thought the world of our father but I knew the real man under the mask and he was evil.

I left the room and went to go look for my mate. I couldn’t find him which meant he was dealing with pack business. I heard the boy coming back so I grabbed some of my brother’s clothes and brought them out so he would have clothes to change into.

I had no idea how he would take the news that we were the cause of his parent’s death but I hope that girl could calm him down. We needed peace and for once I had hoped that maybe we would be able to live without fear.

This girl had brought hope to us. And for that I would protect her as I would my child. I felt my little one kick and knew he was ready to come out. I was scared but as long as I had my mate with me by my side I knew I could face anything.

 “Be easy on her please.” I asked

I had no idea what hell she went through in your pack but I know it was bad.

And with that I walked back into the house to give him privacy to change. I just had to hope that he took my words to heart.

I would protect this girl with everything I had in me but there was a part of me starting to hate her as well. She had nearly killed my mother and that would be hard to forgive even if I knew the reason why.

                                                            ~~

“Be easy on her please.” She said

 I had no idea what hell she went through in your pack but I know it was bad.

And with those words she left me to change in peace. I had no idea what she had told them about our old pack but only I knew how bad it was for her. I may not have been able to protect her before but I could now. And gods help anyone who tried to hurt her.

I got changed and dressed and took a deep breath trying to catch her scent. Once I got it I followed it up back into the room we were in before. Daniel snarled as well as I when we first walked in to see her in another man’s arms. But once we realized who she was with we both calmed down. Weird why would we care if she was with another man? And why did we not find Tony a threat to her.

I just sat down in the chair next to the bed waiting for them to wake up. We had questions and both Daniel and I wanted answers.

                                                                  ~~

I woke up with Tony’s arms around me once again and for once in my life I felt safe. I asked Sarah.

“Why is it that I feel safe and protected? I thought I was only supposed to feel this way with my mates?”