Chapter One - Redone

Chapter One

Today was the day. It was my birthday and I was turning 17 and in my world that’s an important day. It’s the day where I would finally find my mate, I hoped. I had been dreaming of today for the last 5 years, ever since my parents died leaving me with my older brother’s. I remember that day as if it happened only yesterday.

I was walking home from school and couldn’t wait to tell my mom that Ricky Anderson had a crush on me or that’s what I had been told by my best friend Staci.

I wanted to ask my mother what I should wear just in case he asked me to homecoming. I was a freshman in high school because according to my parents I was a genius. I saw my house and decided to run the rest of the way when I heard the shouts and the growls.

I ran faster preying it wasn’t what I thought it was when I looked and saw my mom and my dad bleeding out. My dad was one tangled up mess of just broken bones and body parts strewn about like he had been put through a blender.

My mom had a grey and black werewolf sitting on top of her and it looked like he was attempting to rip into her stomach. I flipped and next thing I knew I heard screaming and realized it was coming from me.

The next thing I knew was my bones were making a really horrible sound and suddenly I knew I was shifting for the first time. I had grown up around werewolves all my life but I wasn’t supposed to shift this soon.

My mom looked up and saw me and I just saw the horror on her face. I couldn’t tell if it was the fact that she was getting killed in front of me or if it was because I was shifting for the first time. I wasn’t due to shift until I hit fifteen.

Before I knew it I ran straight into the wolf that was attacking my mom and went for his throat. I knew I didn’t have much time and wanted to kill him quickly. I must have gotten lucky because I took him down fast and once I had his throat in my mouth I could feel his blood in my mouth I clamped down hard and broke his neck and ripped out his throat. Once he was dead I ran over to my mom and whimpered.

My mom looked at me with tears in her eyes and said “shift.” So I shifted back and just held her. I knew she was dying. She looked at me and whispered to me.

“Do not tell anyone you shifted and never let them see your wolf.”

I wanted to ask her why, but I could see the light leaving her eyes as she died. Once she was gone I looked down and realized I was naked and ran upstairs to clean myself off and got dressed. I ran back down stairs still crying and looked at the time and knew I had to call my brothers to let them know. It was the hardest call I ever had to make and it was the start of my hellish life.

I got up and got dressed not that I had anywhere to go. I could hear my brothers down stairs getting ready to go to high school. They were a year older than me but I had graduated high school at 15. So for the last two years I had been pretty much doing nothing but taking care of the house hold chores and basically doing everything around the house that was needed to be done. As I was getting my shoes on I heard one of my brothers shout “Elliizzaabbeetthh” and I knew I was in trouble for something once again.

You see the day after my parent’s death, that’s when my life as I knew it had ended. I lost everyone I thought I had loved. My brothers informed me that they hated me and were going to make my life hell.

They achieved what they wanted in so many ways that I should have listened to them when they told me instead of thinking that they had been joking. Even their friends got in the action. It was one of the reasons I had wanted out of high school. I could at least have a break from their teasing while they are gone.