Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Forty-One

Once gone from Damien's castle I left to Palomar Mountain and sat up at the top trying to figure out how this new queen dig was going to go down. Closing my eyes I thought of all the pain I had gone through in my life and held it in my mind as if it was a string.

Once done I thought of every supernatural being in this world and the next and held on to that like a second string. I knew I had to connect everyone to each other and to myself to let everyone know their queen was back.

Now I had two separate strings, one with all my pain and the other representing the world and tied them together. I knew doing this would make each and every one of them beings I was supposed to protect feel my pain and I didn't care. They wanted the monster and the monster is what they would get.

"I am your queen and you will feel my pain!" I yelled out through the new link I had just created.

I felt everything they felt and they felt everything I did. I screamed while the clouds above me turned black. Over my screams I could feel the ground tremble the thunder roll. I was hit by the lighting and felt it throughout my body as I became their queen.

Suddenly even through the pain I felt hands clasp my body, hands that felt as familiar to me as my own. Trying to open my eyes so that I could see proved nearly impossible but I succeeded. Somehow Alaric was on my right while Ethan was on my left, both holding on and creating a special link between the three of us I never knew we would need.

Looking at their faces you could tell they were in pain and silently screaming yet they held on refusing to let go of me. I tried to move my head around because I could feel others surrounding us and saw my protectors and their mates in a circle holding hands as the lighting hit us all.

My anger and my pain fueled this and only my love could stop it yet I could not stop this now even if I had wanted too. So once again I closed my eyes and let the pain take over. They needed to understand, they needed to feel what I felt on a daily basis.

I could feel all of them like little buzz noises inside my head. If I consitrated on one single noise it became clear and I could hear the thoughts of one individual. It dawned on me why no one should have this power including me but it was too late.

I had to admit I was tempted to try to abuse the power like forcing Ryan to get his shit together but knew Terri wanted him to accept her and their son on his own. It was right there tempting me and I could feel it wanting to be used but I knew how it felt to be pushed an pulled into a direction I never wanted to go. So I left it alone and pushed that power away knowing I would only use it as a last resort.

Once I had accepted all the power I could feel the pain slowly leaving my body and leaving the people around me. It took awhile but I opened my eyes and noticed I was the only one standing. Ethan and Alaric had gotten a little stronger from what I could see and feel while my protectors stayed the same.

The hurt part if me wanted to just walk away and never see any if then again. The adult part of me knew I had to stay and fight for what I wanted in life.