Chapter Seven - Redone

Chapter Seven

I could feel Sarah getting further away from my mind. She was being shut out and the last thing I heard from her was

“Oh shit what have I done?” 

I wanted to tell her it wasn’t her fault. I wanted to tell her that there was nothing she could have done to stop it. But it all would have been a lie. I remember Lucy coming up to me right before she left. 

It was a Sunday because she wanted to spend the weekend with her new born grandson and neither Tony nor I had the heart to tell her no even if I did hate her. 

“I need to talk to you and only you before I go please.” Lucy spoke softly 

“I know you hate me but you need to hear this.” 

In my mind I told Sarah to go to sleep and then once she was I put her in a cage and locked the door so she wouldn’t be able to hear us. Wrong I knew but I was curious to hear what Lucy had to say.

“I kept something from my husband the day I told him about you.” She said with a faraway look in her eyes. 

“Your mother Sam told me something, something that she said that one day I would need to tell you.” 

I looked at her and found myself suddenly cold. Like someone had just stepped on my gravestone cold. I wanted to stop her but something held me back from speaking and it wasn’t my wolf.

“It was almost like she knew I would betray her and it killed something inside me that day.” She said with tears in her eyes 

‘Your real mother Ella was a hybrid Anna. No one knew except for your father and Sam. They had to keep it quiet otherwise they would have been killed sooner.” 

I was shocked to say the least. 

“But that wasn’t all, your father was a hybrid to and it was very difficult to hide it from Ella from what I understood” 

I heard her talking and wanted to scream at her to stop but it was like I had lost my voice. 

“Sam found out only by accident and your father made her blood swear never to say anything until the time was right.” 

“Your mother Ella was half werewolf and have witch, but your father was something entirely different.”

I had finally found my voice but what came out was something different. 

“What was my father Lucy?” I asked her 

“Your father was half vampire and half werewolf.” She said so quietly I could barely hear her. 

“So what does that make me then” I asked almost afraid of the answer. 

“According to Sam you are a full werewolf but she was never certain if you took after your mother or your father.” She said not looking at me anymore 

“But why did she tell you this and why didn’t you tell your husband?” I asked truly confused. 

I mean she had told him everything else so why hide this part from him I couldn’t understand what made this piece of information so special. 

“I only told him so he wouldn’t kill my children. I sacrificed you for them and I am truly sorry you had to suffer for my sins.” She said 

“I would never change what I did and would do it again if I had to.” With that she looked me dead in the eye and I knew she was telling me the truth. 

Even though I had been here three months I had never once asked her why she had betrayed my mother Sam. I had been so angry that I could never see past my hurt over what had happened to me after that day.