Chapter Eight - Redone

Chapter Eight

I watched my uncle vanish from my eyes and knew without a doubt I would have to learn that trick. It would take me a while to get used to the fact that Damien Acer Prince of all Vampires was a blood relative. I looked around the room and saw that everyone had chosen a side and was doing everything possible not to cross enemy lines and a small part of me wanted to smirk.

But I was also annoyed because if these two packs had any chance of surviving they would have to put their differences in the past and learn to merge into one pack for now. I noticed Luke was slowly waking up from my earlier launch and found it funny that I had kicked his ass.

I also watched how Michael was looking at him when he thought no one was looking and something broke inside me. I had never seen Michael look at me the way he was looking at Luke and some part of me crumbled. I thought of my hide away in Fallbrook and wished I was there because seeing this hurt so badly.

I closed my eyes to picture myself away from here and when I opened them I was no longer in the pack house but in my private forest. I spun around to make sure that I was alone before finding the creak and just lay down. I away from there, because being there only brought pain. I eventually turned into my wolf and Sarah was still sleeping off the effects of my vampire side so I had free rain over where I went without her worrying over me.

I ran and I ran eventually running in circles because Fallbrook wasn’t too big. But I finally settled down and headed to the small man-made lake that was in the middle of the forest and just sat there. This was where Sam and Steve had always taken me to relax and calm down after a bad day.

It was still weird even knowing for so long that they weren’t my real parents but to me they would always be my mom and dad. I still thought of Ella and Chris once in a while but Sam and Steve raised me to be who I was today. They cared for me and they loved me which was why they would always be the parents in my heart and no one could take that away from me.

The values I had today were because of them, and no matter what the others said they gave me the strength to survive. Chris and Ella ran from their problems hoping they would go away which got them killed. I had to admit even if it was to myself I was scared but I wouldn’t run, I would fight to my last dying breath.

My mind went wondering from my parents to the situation with Michael and Luke. I was just trying to be the bigger person and accept that he had a life before me but it was hard. I knew why he didn’t want to tell me, heck I would have freaked out on him and he knew that.

So why couldn’t I forgive Michael for not telling me something that was just as important. I was still asking myself all these questions when I heard a tree branch break a few hundred feet away from me. I didn’t know who it was but they were in for a rude awakening if they thought that they could kill me.

I was hiding inside a log about to jump out at the person running towards me when I caught the smell. I recognized it and just quietly came out and I was right it was Terri, Tony’s sister. I shifted and of course I was naked as the day I was born but it didn’t bother me much anymore.

“Why did you come out here?” I asked her

“DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG YOU WERE GONE FOR AND HOW EVERYONE IS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU” She yelled at me

I looked up for the first time and realized it was probably around midnight which meant I had been gone for quite a few hours like she had said. I suddenly felt bad because I knew there were others who I had grown close to and for once I had forgotten them and now I felt guilty.

“Tell Tony I am truly sorry for worrying him I didn’t mean to.” I spoke in a soft voice

I really hated when Tony got mad at me or was upset because of something I did.