Aftermath

(I'm on a roll today! So many good chapters! Btw people, read my Mulan NaLu story "To Be A Man". Reeeeaaaddd iiiitttttt. XD. This chapter is dedicated to Infinite_Midnight, my god she's a good writer! Enjoy!)

(Lucy's P.o.V.)

"Dang you Natsu!" I thought furiously. "Why did you go there instead of me?!" I had hated his plan. I should've been the person up there. But that obnoxious, snobby captain had said "As you're a prisoner, you have to do as your master says." Boy! I wanted to sock him in the head! But I knew I had to go along with his little scheme, though I was planning on going on the hair instead if that short-blonde, weirdo, giant man hadn't blocked me.

DDDAAANNNNGG IITTT! I could already see that idiot smiling smugly. I sighed deeply. This was too much to take.

Fairy Tail had ignored me for now, even though they knew I was the prisoner. Right now, they were desperately trying to get Natsu inside the ship even though there wasn't anyway. I guess Fairy Tail may have felt guilty for putting me into a
deadly situation.

"Serves then right." I thought. "You never use the weak to take sacrifice."
"Hello?" I heard a light, female's voice call. I look beside me and saw a small, blue-haired, girl who wore a distinctive bandana in her hair.
"Blue-haired, slight figured girl." My thoughts already were instinctive. "Looks about 110 pounds and estimated age is 15. She has a small figure and looks easy to fight against. I have the advantage of being stronger, taller, and heavier. Chance of success of fighting her-." I stopped myself there. There went my usual thoughts of fighting. I took a deep breath and looked up at her.
"Yes?" my voice came way more quieter than I wanted it to be.

The girl nodded her head.
"I'm Levy! Whats yours?"
I was sincerly shocked. When was the last time some one was as nice as this? "Natsu was..." but then I shook my head.
"Captain Lucy Heartfillia of the Marine Police." I stopped there, should I say I was pleased to meet her?
"Greetings." That was the best I could say.
She looked at me curiously.
"No need to be so formal." she said, as she slid down where I was sitting, leaning against the railing.
"Well, I don't know whether to be friendly, as you guys tried to put me up there." I said, pointing above us.
She grimaced. "Yah, Erza made the choice, though she regretted it alot. But she was desperate, so she did what she thought was right."
I bit my lip, but I guess I could understand. You protect your allies first. Even if it meant severing your greatest defense of protection of arrestment.

"Lucy, right? What a cute name!" she giggled. I felt my cheeks heat up. Since when did anything about me be called 'cute'?
"Can I call you Lu-chan?" she asked, her eyes sparkling.
I was dumb-founded. I was her enemy, and yet here she was, trying to be nice?
"Uhmm-Uhmmm." I stuttered. For once in my life I couldn't find the right words. "S-sure."
Levy grinned. "Yay! I made a new friend!"
I was even more shocked by this.
"F-friend?!" I said, my mouth failing to talk in my normal confident tone.
She nodded her head. "Yep!" she then looked at me questioningly. "Hey Lu-chan, do you ever smile?"
"Ummm, smile?" I repeated, my mind drawing a blank. When was the last time I smiled? 7, 8, years ago?
"I'm.... Not sure..." I muttered.
Levy looked at me in shock.
"Really?! Well then Lu-chan, I promise you, I will make you.smile!"
Not really trusting myself to speak at this point, I simply nodded my head dumbly, not really sure if I should argue.

Suddenly, the ship lurched to the side. Levy and I were thrown across the deck, along with several Fairy Tail members. Suddenly, we heard a yell from outside, a familiar, male yell.
"Natsu!" I cried.

(Natsu's P.o.V.)

"Agghhh!" I yelled, as another hard crash of sea water swayed over me. I spit out the salty water, rubbing my hands over my face, trying to wipe the water off. I hastily looked around me, warily eyeing the lightning that almost struck me.

I still stubbornly pressed the button, my thumb starting to turn purple from the force. How long had it been? Half an hour, an hour? It seemed like forever.

Then, breifly, a small batch of sun struck through the clouds, striking me in the eye. I quickly covered my eye, but I still was glad for that. Because it meant the hurricane was clearing.

Sure enough, the storm seemed to be moving toward another area, away from Fairy Tail.
"Yes!" I thought. "I've survived!" But it seemed the hurricane was still angry at me, for another wave hit me, companioned with several fish. I swatted the fish away as they swatted my face in an effort to return to the sea.

(Timeskip 15 Minutes)

The storm had cleared! Victory! I'd saved my crew and Lucy. In your face, Weather God!

I pulled away my thumb from the button, painfully though. I grabbed it, the finger painfully stiff. "Ah well, maybe Wendy can help with it."

I felt the vibration as my chair slowly slid down, along with the Storm Sheild. As soon as I landed to the deck, I jumped off, hitting the deck with a thump.
"So, what'd I miss?" I smiled. Immeadiately, every one of Fairy Tail clambered towards me, coming with a mix of scolding, crying, 'idiot', sighs of relief, smiles, and hits on the head.

"Natsu!" I heard a call. I turned around to see Lucy, looking furious, walking towards me. "How could you do that?! Risking your saftey for mine? I'm the prisoner, you're the Captain, are you trying to ruin my pride even more? And it'd be better if-"
All of a sudden, I laughed. And laughed. And laughed. I just couldn't stop.
"Wha-what is it?!" she asked, looking shocked.
"Its-its just so cute!" I chuckled. "You're trying to cover-up you're worry over me by using pride as an excuse."
She gaped, and I could see her cheeks reddening.
"Its true isn't it?" I chuckled.
She looked shocked beyond belief, but tried covering up.
"N-No! O-of course not! Why would I worry about you?!"
she shouted, hands on hips.
I just grinned at her, feeling so silly with relief of being alive.
"Captain Natsu!" called a familiar, sky-blue haired, 13 year-old girl. She headed straight towards me.
"You're bleeding a bit, come with me!" she said, tugging my arm.
"Huh? I am, Wendy?" I reached behind my head, where I had felt some pain earlier. There was something wet there, and when I drew back my hand, it was red.
"Oh, I guess I am bleeding." I felt kind of light-headed. "Hey Wendy, I feel kind of-."
But then, of course, I stumbled, falling onto the floor and my eye-sight darkening. I heard several muffled shouts, but it didn't matter anymore, as I slipped into unconciousness.
------------------------------------------------------
Help me guys! I need a good NaLu story to snack on! I wanna read a good one but can't find one. Anybody got any suggestions? Pyo-pyo, PEACE!