Confession

(This shoutout goes to everyone for being so understanding. You guys are so awesome!!!!)

(Lucy's P.o.V.)

"Love confession?" I skepticlly looked down at Natsu, who was still holding me up. "Who, me?"

"Yes you." Natsu replied dryly. I couldn't really blame him for his tone, I kind of ruined the perfect moment.

"You, would find me, a tomboyish, grudge-ridden, cursed, anger-driven, sarcastic girl like me, attractive?" I raised my eyebrow.

We stared at each other for a couple of minutes, then we laughed. Oh, we laughed so hard the other guests looked at us like we were mad. Probably because my laugh was so ridiculous-sounding because I hadn't laughed in years.

"But really, Lucy, you're really an awesome person." Natsu smoothly landed me to the floor. "You put up your mask, but I can really tell how you are underneath. This entire we've known each other, I've learned you're self-sacrificing, kind, and brave. You act mature, but I can sense your more childish side." He chuckled.

"Oi..." I mumbled. I wasn't used to people complimenting me, so I couldn't really find the words for what I wanted to say. "You're calling me childish?"

Natsu grinned. He grinned that infamous, shark-tooth, loving grin of his and said. "No, I'm calling you fun."

Leanging in, he barely pecked my nose. "Boop." He teased.

I bumped my head hard against his nose. "BOOP." I said as he went down.

"Aye." Natsu whimpered.

I touched my nose gingerly, then noticed a small burning feeling on the spot where he pecked it. I rubbed it gently.
"Am I that embaressed?" I wondered as I stared cross-eyed at the warm-red spot.

"Luce!" I turned to see Natsu, who seemed alright now, (save for a small bruise on his nose.) "Lets go to the garden!"

"The garden...?" I asked quizzically.

"Yep!" He responded cheerfully. He grabbed my arm and pullled me up, bridal-style.

"Hey!" I protested. "What are you doing?"

"Taking you to the garden." Natsu dead-panned.

"Oh really?" I sarcasticlly. But I shut up as soon as Natsu started rushing out of the room, whooping all the way.

"Hold up, the garden..." I considered. My face flushed when I realized something. "Alone, at night, just us, in costumes, moon-lit, romantic.."

I had just decided to protest, when I realized something. "This is my last night..." I looked at Natsu's overjoyed face.

"Shouldn't I just try this?" I smiled sadly. "A night with no regrets...." But then I realized something else.

"Isn't this selfish? If he really does like me then, when I leave this world... I'll just sadden him. If I really do fall in love with him, and he does with me, won't I just hurt him?"

As I thought about this sad truth, I almost wanted to cry. My whole life had been deprived from love, couldn't I just be selfish for once. Then I shook my head to reassure myself. I reminded myself of the simple cliché line my other had told me.

"Lucy... If you really love someone, you would do anything to keep them from hurting."

I smiled again, but this time with even more sorrow. "But then, with this, I really do love someone. I can now really leave this world without a single regret!"

Swiftly, I stopped Natsu by flipping over and landing on my feet, making him fall to his feet.

"Luce...?" Natsu asked quizicly.

"My god, could you stop with that annoying nickname?" I looked at him with that same emotionless face I showed everyone.

"The same wretched mask..."

"Honestly, who do you think you're fooling, you dirty outlaw? You're speaking to Lucy Heartfillia, captain of the Marine Police." I glared at him with eyes full of hatred.

"Again, all for one cause."

"Honestly, I hope I never have to see your face again." I showed my famous icy and firery glare.

"Because my life isn't worth anything, it's just a tool..."

I turned away so he couldn't see my eyes watering up.

"It's just a tool."

"Luce..." I heard Natsu's hurt but serious voice.

I ignored him, walking away somewhere.

"Luce..." His voice turned a little angrier. Oh he was angry? Didn't matter, I could take a beating

"Ever since that day, I've been nothing. Nothing to live for, just a tool. With a mask. An expressionless mask."

Suddenly, Natsu grabbed my hand, and held it hard. I turned back and glared at him.

"What nonsense do you want now?"

Natsu didn't answer for a couple of seconds until after he took a sigh and held me close. I stiffined, me not being used to this.

"I wonder... if there would ever be someone to see through my mask..."

"You idiot!" Natsu yelled at me after holding me at a distance. "You didn't think I wouldn't realize it? There's something troubling you, something hurting you, and you thought I wouldn't notice?! Whatever your going through, you want to go through it alone. Don't try to play the 'cool guy', that's my job! Don't try to fool me Lucy, Fairy Tail's already realized there's something you need help with, so don't try to hide it!" Natsu held up my arm.
"Your arm's really broken, isn't it?"

I bit my lip. "So he found out?"

"Luce..." Natsu looked at me with enraged and protective eyes.
"Don't ever try to do something like that again."

I opened my mouth, but what could I say? What should I do? Tell him my curse?

"No... I can't tell him anything." I looked at him sadly. "Not yet..."

"Natsu..." I whispered. But then I regained my composure.
"I don't have any idea what you're talking about."

And then, stupid me, oh stupid me, I ran. I ran down the empty,lighted corridor, rushing blindly somewhere.

"Lucy!" Natsu voice trailed off as I rushed off, finally bursting outside somewhere cold.

I rubbed my bare arms.
"It's freezing."

And then I realized where I was. "The garden..." I smiled a dry grin. "The world hates me today, huh?"

Suddenly, a dark figure appeared before. I couldn't tell because of the mask he wore, but I had a feeling he smiled evily.
"Don't mean to rude, madam, but I'm afraid I will have to steal you away."

With that, he raised a huge weapon and swung it.

(Are you guys happy? I acomplished 3 things, a lot of nalu and sticking to the plot, a chapter actually completely finished before publicity, and I updated quickly. Huzzah.)