Chapter 30

"Harry" she happily screamed jumping up to hug her son.

Harry's arms were quick to bring her in. It was something to watch. Anne looked so happy and her face could say it all. She gave her son a kiss before turning to me.

"You must be Maya" she said giving me a hug which surprised me but I was quick to hug her back. It felt nice, Anne radiated so much love and joy that it was hard not to feel cheerful around her. But the most important thing was that she radiated warmth, with just one hug she showed so much love, she was a wonderful person and it must feel great that your mother can do that much with a hug. My mom won't even hug me I mentally laughed.

"That's me. It is lovely to meet you Mrs. Twist" I said in a mannerly way.

"Oh darling call me Anne"

"It is lovely to meet you Anne" I said.

"Like wise love, now come in, it is a bit chilly."

We grabbed our bags and followed Anne into her home. She guided us into a room which I noticed it to be the living room. In the single couch was a man sitting there watching football.

"Robin Harry is here and he brought Maya" she cheerfully informed him.

He turned our way and stood up giving Harry a hug and a pat in the back. He then came to me and shook my hand. "Lovely to finally meet you. You are a beautiful girl."

I kindly shook his hand and responded with a thank you. He then went back to his sit and continued watching the game.

"Where is Gemma mum" Harry asked Anne.

"Oh she is out, went with her friends. She'll be back later."

We all sat down on the big couch and watched the game with Robin. We did have a small conversation going on, well Harry and Anne did. They were talking about the shows and all. It was a bit late now so Anne started making dinner, I offered myself to help her but she said I should just rest after a long flight. I didn't want to cause any problems so I stayed with Harry. After a few minutes of Anne leaving to the kitchen there was a knock on the door.

"Harry go answer, I'm busy" Anne ordered him.

Harry stepped out of the living room to answer. "Little brother you're here" I heard someone scream with joy. "Mother I'm home" the girl screamed informing Anne that she was back which made me realize I was about to meet Harry's sister. A girl with bluish purplish hair came into view, and she looked exactly like Harry. Her hair really looked good on her, it worked for her. she came up to me and I stood up we shook hands and introduced ourselves. There wasn't much interaction afterwards, she made her way to the kitchen with her mother and I back to the couch. Right after the game ended Anne called us out for dinner. Harry grabbed my hand and sat me next to where he would be sitting. It was Robin and Anne on the far ends and Harry in front of Gemma. I was next to Harry and Anne. We served ourselves from the dishes on the center of the table. We all started eating together.

"So Maya, you're a model right?"

"Yes ma'am" I answered Anne's question.

"You met at the Victoria Secret Fashion show, am I right?" Robin asked me.

"Yes we did" I said looking at Harry.

"So how romantic is my son?" Anne asked me making Harry groan.

I thought about our dates and how he speaks to me, "very" I said making both Anne and Robin giggle.

"How about your family, tell us about them?" Anne asked me.

I shifted in my place and got interrupted by Harry before I answered her.

"Mom, please don't."

Anne quickly apologized for her question, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to."

"There's nothing to apologize for, and it's only my mother and me. I have no sisters or brothers or anyone else that I know of."

"Do you know what happened to them?" she asked me.

"Mum, stop" Harry told her.

I turned to Harry telling him that I felt comfortable talking with his mother about myself and that he should stop interrupting. "I have no one at all. Mother doesn't speak about it so I don't ask about it."

"Well we are your family now as well. You are a part of our family" Anne told me placing her hand over mine.

I gulped down the not in my throat not wanting to cry in front of everyone. "Thank y-" but I couldn't, I moved my chair back and stood up excusing myself, "excuse me." I made my way outside and sat on the step in the porch and I cried. I cried, happy that with Harry I had found not only his love but others' as well. I cried because I had gained a family. I cried because I finally found out that what mother and I had was never 'family'. I cried because I mattered to these people who were not related to me. I cried because I was finally feeling alive. I heard the door open and I expected Harry to come but it surprised me when I saw purple hair. Gemma sat next to me but said nothing; she was giving me the space I needed. After a few minutes she spoke up.

"I might not have been the best at first, I may have given you a rude look of me and I'm sorry. I may have judged you too fast. A model, beautiful girl, popular, dating my brother all because of a contract-" I quickly looked at her shocked that she knew, and embarrassed that she knew as well, "Harry told me, don't worry I haven't said anything to anyone. The thing is I thought it was all fake, even after Harry confirmed it to me. I thought you were playing him, but seeing the way you two look at each other makes me realize that everything you have is real. You look at each other as if it is the last time you'll look at each other. Your looks contain all the love and it made me realize how much you matter to him. And right now, while having dinner, what you said and how you reacted to what my mum told you makes me think that you have a story behind your pretty smiles. You Maya are humble and so down to earth. I just want you to know that I too consider you a part of my family, I'm sorry for showing off as a rude sister but I care for Harry, and I just thought wrong of you. But Maya my brother loves you; he calls me and can't stop gushing about you and what you do."

"Thank you Gemma, for everything you said and for taking me in as part of this family" I told her. She smiled at me and gave me a hug which I returned as well. After letting go I had one last thing I had to say to her, that I was now sure of.

"I love Harry."

"And I love you Maya" Harry appeared at the door.

______________________________

Update!!! Next one will probably be on Sunday.