Chapter 46

"Hi Ethan" Lux shyly welcomed him.

"Hi" he said shaking her little hand.

Lou was the next one, knowing who he was and our history she seemed a bit compassionate. She kept looking my way but kindly introduced herself. The boys came up next and did the same. It was just Harry and Kendall who hadn't come up to him and I was...happy, but once Louis stepped away Harry rose and made his way to us. I quickly averted my gaze to Lux and started poking her belly. I heard Harry say hi to Ethan, I didn't look but I felt his presence afterwards. I didn't turn but he spoke wanting to gain my attention.

"Hi Maya" he said to me.

I didn't want to see him, not this close to me. I wasn't ready, and my heart felt it so I did what I had to do so that I wouldn't break down. I said hi to him without looking at him, my voice was monotone and just as I said hi I made my way to the couch and sat down with Lux hearing him sigh at my actions.

"Boys it's time" Mark came in for them.

I saw them leave and I guess I turned to them at the wrong time. Harry was rubbing Kendall's bump making me hurt and get jealous. He left afterwards; Kendall finally smirked at me as if telling me he was hers. 'Bitch' was all I thought. Ethan came and sat next to me.

"Are we going to talk?" he asked me not minding Kendall, but I knew if we talked here she'd hear everything and that was something I did not want. I told Lou that we would be heading out so that we could talk without any interruptions clearly hinting to Kendall. I left Lux there on the couch and Ethan and I made our way through the exit.

We had found a nearby bench after walking for an hour in just our quietness, all we needed was to know that we were there for each other and sat down ready for our conversation. It was quiet at first; the only thing audible was the music coming from the stadium and the wind blowing.

"Why did you leave me Maya?" he asked me, hurt lacing through his voice.

I turned to him and looked him straight to his eyes. "I never wanted to, I swear."

"Then what was it, why did you leave, what did I do wrong?" It hurt me that he thought he had done something wrong. "Why did you leave, why hurt me that way. What did I ever do to you to receive that from you?"

"You did nothing" I repeatedly said. Tears were welling up in my eyes again. I had to tell him, I had to tell him the truth even if it was a bad truth. He was somehow a part of it, and after him not knowing for many years it had finally been the time for him to know.

"Then tell me" he desperately told me.

"That day when I didn't answer your calls or messages, something was happening. I was nervous and I didn't want to tell you. I wanted my mom to know first. I was busy searching through the pharmacies for the best pregnancy test." I saw his face scrunch up in confusion, and I felt my tears stream down knowing that this was just the beginning to his confusion." I finally got one and I took it. I waited for five minutes. Those were the longest minutes of my life, I didn't know what I would do, and we were young. When the time had passed I knew I had to look, it was positive. I was scared at first but then knowing that you and I had created a baby got me excited. I went back home and told my mom. She was mad, and she kept telling me how I had to get rid of it. She didn't want me to see you, and being the stupid girl I am I listened and know all I can think of was what if I hadn't listened." I cried, I was a mess, nothing ever seemed to go right and it was taking a toll on me. "I stayed and I told her I wouldn't get rid of it. One day I just-I felt something and I was scared-I- I went to the restroom and I lost my baby, I lost our baby." I looked at him through my blurry vision and I finally saw him cry. We were both hurt. "Mother then took me to LA and I never saw you again. I couldn't contact you anymore, I only had our memories."

"Why didn't you tell me?" he angrily told me, tears still streaming down his face.

"I was scared" I shamelessly told him.

"I could've helped"

"Could've helped? We were both kids Ethan we didn't have the money, we had nothing."

"I was the father, I was supposed to know but you were selfish and kept it to yourself your mother blinded you like she always does. Maybe if you had told me we could have done something differently and our baby wouldn't have died because of you!"

His words hurt straight to my heart. I knew he was speaking to me like that because he was mad, but did he really feel like that? All I could do was cry, and I might have been tired of doing that every day because I started feeling dizzy. My head was spinning and I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I felt myself get weaker and weaker as the seconds passed. I grabbed on to the bench wanting to support myself but something didn't feel right.

"Maya?" I heard Ethan's voice. His tone changing from a full of hate and anger one to one full of worry.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled and I felt myself hit the ground.

______________________________

A bit late but here it is. And what do you think of the new song  History?