Chapter 33

I turned to Harry shocked and scared of what my mother could do this time.

"Don't think about it Maya" he said to me. "She is your mother she can't do that, can she?"

"You already know her, she can do anything" I said ready to tear up.

Harry stopped the car and got to the side of the road. He parked the car and turned his body to me and put his hands on my face turning me to him. "I won't let her ruin you Maya, I will always protect you, do you understand."

"I do, I just I want to go back" I admitted to him feeling the need to go back after the call ended.

"I won't let you. Don't let her ruin you, your vacations, and birthday. I have something planned for you that day and I won't let it be ruined by your mum. You're learning to live, don't let her ruin this for you. Because the only thing she is ruining for you are moments like the ones we've had together, you seem much better than when you were with her. Please stay with me, I promise I will protect you."

"You promise" I asked him wanting him to confirm it again.

"I promise" he said and leaned in to kiss me. "Now let's make our way to the park and have a nice evening."

We were on the swing all having a good time. Harry was right, I was finally living. Being here with Harry's family made me so happy and I wasn't going to let my mom ruin that or my birthday. 

Gemma and I were running away from Harry who was the 'it' on the 'you're it' game. Gemma went to the benches were her mom was while I made the biggest mistake of heading for the slide. I climbed the stair and got up. I didn't see Harry so I sat down on the slide. There was a funny noise coming from the slide and I finally noticed what it was, or who it was when I saw Harry climbing it up from the end. He looked up to me and made his way up faster, giving me no time to react. I stood up and turned around but when I put my leg on the first step it slid making me fall down. I yelped once I felt the contact my back made with the ground. Harry quickly got down and kneeled next to me Gemma, Robin and Anne making their way to us as well.

"Maya are you fine?"

"I can't move" I worriedly told them. "My back hurts."

"Try moving her to her side" Robin told Harry.

He did his best without trying to hurt me, but the impact was too strong that every movement hurt. "Stop, stop, stop." I cried.

"Harry we need to take her to the hospital" Anne told him.

"No, just get me back home."

"Maya, you need-"

"Please Anne, home is good. The pain will go away. Harry please."

"I'm sorry Maya but you need to be checked."

I knew that any argument would not be listened to by Harry; he made his mind up to having me get checked so I said nothing else. Harry put one arm behind my back and the other behind my legs. He carefully picked me up and got me to the car seat. He lowered it all back so that I could be in the sleeping position and made his way to the nearest hospital.

*

"There is nothing wrong with your back Maya. I will order you though to try and get as much rest as you can and try not to make much of an effort on anything." The doctor told me.

"Thanks doctor and I won't."

He stepped out and Harry helped me get back to the car.

"You see, I had nothing."

"I just wanted to make sure, sorry for caring" he pouted.

"I'm sorry Harry I just don't like hospitals" I admitted.

"Its fine, the good thing is that nothing bad happened."

"Why do I have a message from my mom?" I confusedly asked him since I knew she was mad after our last call.

"I might have told her about the accident when they were taking you the tests."

I just looked at him and sighed knowing that her message woud not be a lovely one. I got back to my phone and opened the message I read it aloud so that Harry could hear what it said. Truth is I didn't expect her to send me such a mean message, if I knew I wouldn't have read it for Harry to hear.

'Your full of bad things aren't you, they do always happen to you'

"Nice mom" I hurtfully said. 

Harry turned to me and just gave me a smile while grabbing my hand and giving it a tight squeeze.

I turned to my messages and saw one last message pertaining to Lou.

'Darling, hope that you are okay and that nothing bad happened. Please text me back when you get the results.'

"Lou seems more caring than my own mom" I turned to Harry reading him Lou's message.

"Lou cares for you, she told me."

I answered back Lou's text and told her what the doctor had told me along with a thank you for caring about me. I looked back at my mother's message and turned my phone off, I just left her on seen.

_____________________________

Short but I updated. Next one is friday. So as you've probably noticed I update Fridays and Sundays. Anyway hope you enjoyed it, have a nice week.