Chapter 12

I had just found out and I was dreading telling mother. I went to her praying that everything would go well.

"Mother can I talk to you?"

"I'm busy Maya can't you see" she pointed at the papers around her.

"It's important" I insisted.

"Quick I don't have the time to be talking to you"

"Mother I'm..."

I looked at Lux and decided to vent to her, she wouldn't understand either way, yes she could talk but she was a still young and wouldnt understand my problems.

"I was pregnant Lux; auntie Maya was going to have a baby. Mother didn't take it well, it was far from well. She couldn't believe it. I was sixteen. She'd be three right now, just like you. I was young and mother hated the thought of me having a baby. She started screaming at me telling me that I had to get rid of it. I was mad at her, mad that she wanted to take it away from me"

"Mother I'm... pregnant" I said quickly getting her attention.

"What did you just say?"

"I'm pregnant" she slapped me making my head turn sideways.

"You're fucking sixteen. You can't have it were getting rid of it."

"No I'm having it you can't do that mother please" I cried.

"Were getting rid of it Maya. I can't believe you, you slut. You mess everything up this wasn't supposed to happen. You will not have that child."

"I know I was young but I loved the boy I had it with and I loved my baby, even if it wasn't even fully developed yet. Can you believe it auntie was going to be a mother. But you know what mother said, it was for my best, she always says that to me, at that moment that didn't feel like the best, but things happen for a reason right. And maybe the best was meeting the boys and Lou, and especially you. It's like all that sadness and anger is diminished once I see you. I really love you Lux and your mommy as well. She's cared so much for me. You have a great mother Lux." Lux stared at me and hid her face in my neck. It's like she could understand the pain I was in right now.

"Ma-Maya" I turned around to see Lou crying and Louis with a sad expression. I instantly paled knowing that they had heard everything and quickly panic started rushing through me.

"Please don't tell anyone, please"

"Oh Maya, what has she done to you?" She sobbed.

They sat there next to me; Lux was asleep already in my arms. After a while they asked me how I had lost my baby.

"I just lost it, one day I was fine the next my child was gone."

"What happened afterwards?" Louis asked.

"Depression. I just imagine what my child would be like."

"What about the guy?" Lou asked me.

"He never knew Lou. I found out and told mother next thing i know it's gone and I'm being dragged from my home, I never saw him again. Mother took me to California and got me into modeling. It helped me but it's still always in my mind."

"So this is your best?" Louis looked me in the eyes.

"I guess it is, well a part of it I guess. She's done many things telling me it's for the best, yet even if it sounds bad this has been my first best" I smiled "I'm happy I've met all of you. You all mean so much to me" I told them earning a hug from them.