Chapter 11

Harry POV

Venice looks amazing tonight, her outfit done up simply. My aimless flirting seems to be going well but I'm not sure she realizes it. She is pretty oblivious to these things, like when we were at the pool she didn't even notice the majority of us checking her out. I watch as she goes around from person to person, squealing and jumping and hanging onto their arm excitedly. The starting music for 5sos begins to play and Venice squeals and runs to the window. After a couple minutes she looks around and sees no one is paying any attentions to her, then slowly inches away and toward the door, then she's gone.

It takes about ten minutes for anyone to realize she is missing. Sophia looks around the room a bit frantically, "Has anyone seen Venice?"

"She left," I answer nonchalantly.

"What do you mean she left?" Liam asks, his voice rising a bit.

"I mean she walked out the door," I raise my own voice. "She went to watch the show. Paul probably caught her and made sure she's safe."

Liam stands up and walks out the door.

Venice POV

I slyly slink out the doorway and quicken my pace down the hall. Before I can get to far though, I run right into a wall. It felt like a wall, but I look up to see its Paul.

"And just where do you think you're going miss?" he asks, giving me a look like 'I saw what you did'.

"Um, nowhere, the bathroom, outside, nowhere," I mentally face palm.

"Well if this nowhere involves the massive crowd of screaming teenage girls, take Andrew with you," he smiles at me and I return it. A buff man pops up on the side of me and escorts me to the floor.

I watch from the sidelines, with Andrew of course, happily dancing and singing to the music. I don't pay any mind to the crowd around me, just get lost in the music, adrenaline pumping through my veins. After a couple songs, I look up and find Luke already staring at me. My heart starts to pound as he offers me a smile and a wink. Butterflies erupt in my body, I've never felt this way.

Before I can dwell on the feeling, Andrew shouts in my ear, "Liam wants you back."

I look at him with wide eyes. Liam was angry at me earlier and I don't want that to happen again. Andrew only smiles and grabs my hand, pulling me away from the stage and into the somewhat empty hallway. We get on the elevator and my palms start to sweat.

"Don't worry love," Andrew reassures, probably having seen me wipe my hands on my shorts. "You're not going to be in trouble. Those boys have got themselves in deep and this was nothing."

I nod but am still nervous. We walk into the room and all eyes turn to me. I try to cower behind Andrew but he nudges me forward. I glare at him and stick out my tongue, real mature I know. Slowly I move so I'm standing in front of Liam and look up at him.

"Um, you w-wanted me?" I ask in a shaky voice, cursing myself for stuttering.

"I was just wondering where you were," his voice is low and calm.

"I wanted to watch at a closer range and Paul said I could go if Andrew went with me. I should have told you. I'm sorry dad," my eyes widen at my words and I slap my hand over my mouth. The room is so quiet I'm positive they can hear my heart hammering in my chest, roaring in my ears. I keep eye contact with Liam, worried what he will do. A slow smile spreads on his lips and he reaches out and pulls me into a hug. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and cuddle into his chest, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I'm sorry love. I probably over reacted," he mumbles and I nod.

"Probably. You could have texted me, it was just getting good," I sound like a child but I don't care. "Luke winked at me."

Liam stiffens in my arms but before I can question it, I hear a squeal and am being pulled out of his grasp.

"Really?" Lottie asks excitedly. I bite my lip and nod, she pulls me into a tight hug. I look at Sophia who is giving me a loving smile and winks at me. I can still feel everyone's eyes on me so I pull away and walk to the other side of the room, grabbing a water bottle then going back to the window. "What did you do?"

"I don't remember," I exclaim. "Hopefully I smiled back and didn't look like a dear in the headlights. My heart was pounding and my tummy was fluttering."

"You had butterflies?" she coos and I nod, taking a sip of my drink.

Zayn POV

Liam looks a bit torn as to what to feel, while Harry and Louis look upset. I knew they liked her. Shaking my head I walk silently over to Venice and Lottie.

"You had butterflies?" Lottie coos at her and Venice nods.

"I've never had them before," Venice informs quietly. I sneak up and wrap my arms around her waist, lifting her up and spinning her around. She squeals with laughter and holds onto my arms tightly.

"Zayn!" she shrieks and I set her down.

"You're going to give him gray hair," I tease, looking at Liam. She follows my gaze and frowns.

"I didn't mean to."

"Oh babe," I pull her into a hug, rubbing her back and kissing her hair. "I'm just teasing. I know you don't mean to, just be sneakier about it. Make sure he is fully occupied until you get back or tell him."

She giggles and nuzzles her cheek into my chest. I kiss her head once again before letting her go.

"So what's this about Luke?" I tease and she shrugs, a small blush paints her cheeks.

"He was staring at me and he smiled and winked," she says quietly. "Before I could do anything I was being dragged back here."

I chuckle and wrap my arm around her shoulder. "Don't rush into anything. You are a very beautiful girl and boys will try and get close. Just take it slow and know which ones are there for the right reasons."

"Thanks Zaynie," she mumbles and kisses my cheek.

.......