Chapter 33

Louis POV

When we get back to the hotel, Venice and I go to our room and she rushes to her suitcase then to the bathroom. I chuckle at her and go to my own suitcase, grabbing my trunks and pulling them on. 

"Lou are you dressed?" she calls out to me. 

"Yes love," I respond with a smile, pulling a t-shirt over my head. I move about the room and grab my phone and the keycard before turning around and seeing Venice standing there bashfully. My nervousness and butterflies start up, but I take a deep breath and smile at her. "You look lovely."

"Thanks," she blushes, twisting her body from side to side and tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. 

"Are you ready darling?" I ask, stepping closer and holding out my hand. 

"Yeah," she smiles at me, taking my hand and letting me pull her toward the door and out of the room. 

We sneak down the hall past Liam's room and into the lift. Venice is bouncing on the balls of her feet in excitement, reminding me of several of my siblings. We get to the pool door, and walk into the balmy room, the humidity making me instantly sweat. 

"God it's hot in here," Venice mumbles, walking over to a chair and slipping off her shoes. 

I chuckle and follow her actions, taking off my flipflops and then my shirt. I look at Venice only to find her staring at my chest, her hands fiddling with her cover up. I chuckle and slowly make my way over to her. "You alright there love?"

"What?" she gasps, looking up at meeting my gaze with wide eyes. "Y-yeah, just great."

I chuckle and step in front of her, gripping her hips and pulling her closer. "You're cute."

"Shut up," she mumbles, turning her head away from me as I lean in and kiss her cheek. I chuckle and step away, walking backward toward the pool. 

"You know you really shouldn't get tattoos wet so soon," I tell, biting my lip as she turns around and slips off the cover. 

"Yeah," she calls over her shoulder. "Josh and I found some plastic stuff that you keep on for 24 hours and it heals faster."

"Brilliant," I mumble as she starts to turn around. I look over her bare skin and my jaw drops when I see it. Low on her left hip is a single word about two inches in length and and inch and a half in width, the font is slight cursive, the color a dark navy. The word: Payne. "Wow."

She walks forward timidly until she's standing a foot away. "What do you think?"

"It's lovely," I mumble, reaching out a hand and lightly gripping her hip while running the pad of my thumb along the word. Some blood has collected under the plastic but the word can still be seen clearly. 

"Thank you," she whispers bashfully. "I was worried you wouldn't like it, but then I told myself it was for me and not you."

I chuckle and lean in, placing my mouth on her still moving lips and ultimately shutting her up. She kisses me back hard, wrapping her arms around my neck and drawing me in. I pull away and peck her lips several more times before speaking again. 

"Just explain to me one thing," I ask and she nods. "Why Payne? Out of all the tattoos you can get, why did you get this particular one."

"That's my last name," she reminds, her brow furrowing. 

"I know but it's your last name," I say clearly. "You already have it so why did you print it on your skin forever."

"Honestly," she starts and I nod even though it wasn't a question. "I like the sound. Venice Marie Payne. It sounds like I belong somewhere, like I'm a part of something. It's almost like if I wasn't there, then nothing would get done."