Chapter Sixteen

“Let me show you round!” Said Haley excitedly grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the ranch .

We walked briskly towards the ranch our feet stirring up dust on the dry ground. Haley swung open the door and dragged me inside. Haley led me down the polished wooden floored hallway down to an open living room with large leather sofas, a large plasma TV, sheep skin rug, and a small kitchen with bar on the right wall.

“Ok this is the lounge, living room, whatever you want to call it, we usually hang out here. On weekends the boys cook, but it’s usually me cooking, Tina can’t cook a simple batch of muffins without burning them! Oh and..”

Haley carried on in filling me in on details, barely stopping to breath. Friday nights they all go out to town to a club called The Unlisted , which sounds like lots of fun. For TV, the boys always watch the football and the rugby no matter what, they also have a stretched out broom cupboard which they’ve hammered shelves in and stacked with DVD’s in alphabetical order. Then Haley started talking about the sheep skin rug , before dragging me down the other hall.

“We’ve got five bathrooms, one which just us girls share; in the morning you and me have until 11 to use the bathroom , because that’s when Tina wakes up and she’s in there for AGES.” Haley said before stopping at a door.

“This is my room!” She cried happily , opening the door.

“Wooaahhh!” I gasped.

Haley’s room was beautiful. She had lilac walls, a large queen sized bed with a princess like mosquito net, a large walk in wardrobe, lava lamp, soft carpeted floor, white desk with apple lap top, small bookcase, and a small bedside table with an extremely cute picture of her and Tim.

“I.Love.Your. ROOM!.” I cried. “It’s amazing!”

“Aw thank you! I love it too, it was so much fun to design!”

My eyed widened. “You mean we get to design our rooms?” I whispered in shock.

“Well, yeah it’s not like we’re broke or anything, besides everybody else has. You should see Tina’s it’s pink, pink, pink. It’s vial.” Said Haley sighing and rolling her eyes at the thought of Tina’s room. “But yeah, and that’s why we get to go shopping tomorrow! We don’t go shopping for clothes, and other stuff often, only once a month, besides groceries which me and Tim do.”

“Oh wow!!! Oh my gosh!! I’m just like…like….WOW!!!!!” I cried ecstatic.

“Yeah, well only problem is that, since we haven’t been shopping we don’t have a spare bed, so your gonna have to sleep on the couch in the living room.” Said Haley pulling a sympathetic face. “It’s not too bad, the couches are quite comfy.”

“Ah I’ll be fine.” I said grinning. “Besides if I really wanted to sleep in a bed, I’m sure the guys would be happy to let me share.”

Haley’s eyes widened in shock and she looked at me as if I was a mad woman.

“Haley I was joking!” I cried partially lying.

“Oh” Haley said giving a shaky laugh.

“Anyway…” I began awkwardly. “ Where abouts is my room?”

“Oh this way.” Said Halet ushering me out of her room and down the hall past a shut bedroom door with heavy metal music pounding from inside, then we went left when the hall branched.

“Ok this is your room, you’ve got Calub opposite , Jace on your left and Kale on your right.” Said Haley walking into my room first, leaving me outside my mouth twitching into a grimace at the news of my neighbors before joining Haley.