Chapter 75

A shuddering gasp rasped from my throat. I was breathing uncontrollably my heart beating a million beats a second. My fists grabbed hold of the bed sheets fiercely as I desperately fought to bring myself to balanced ground. I see you.

His chilling voice echoed through my head every time I closed my eyes, his pale eyes there waiting for me. I ripped the covers back and sat up holding on to the edge of the mattress, I hurried my head between me knees as nausea flooded my stomach. Calm. I drew in deep breaths rocking forward and back while goosebumps crawled over my damp skin. He'd seen me. Trent had seen me. Was he watching now? How would I be able to know if he was in my head. I winced as my nails scraped my scalp my hands burring into my hair. Breathe Kaela, this is going to drive you to insanity.

Why was this happening? How could he see me, where was Kale? Why didn't he share the vision. But where was Kale? Fear gripped my insides and I stood up from the bed just as the bedroom door opened. Kale's shadow filled the room his features hidden by the light in the landing. His body tensed as he sensed something was wrong, and he shut the door. "Kaela?"
I opened my mouth to respond but my throat tightened and I couldn't breathe. The room blurred as tears clouded my vision. Then Kale was there. He folded his body round me wrapping me in his warmth and in his protection. He lifted me up and my legs locked round his waist as I clung to him. Hot tears dripped from my face and splashed onto his shoulders. "Shhhhhh" He whispered stroking my hair and kissing my head. Weak. 
Kale sat down on the edge of his bed. "What's wrong?" I shook my head. I couldn't speak. "Why are you crying huh? Shhhh, come on it's okay."

Why am I crying. 'Weak'

The voice whispered like knife. 'You're weak'.
 I wiped my tears with the back of my hand. Trent wasn't here. Why am I crying? I felt stupid.

"I don't wanna talk." I whispered resting my head on Kale's shoulder. Kale was quiet, and I breathed slowly as his pulse quickened. "Kaela..."

"Don't" I begged. Kale's hands gripped my arms and he forced me to look at him. His eye burned with ferocity and a turbulent determination out of love to destroy whatever and whoever had made me so upset. "Tell me" He whispered. 
I ground my teeth. "I...I...Trent saw me." The second I mentioned his name Kale's eyes narrowed, a growl rippling from his throat. "I had a vision and you weren't there. I was inside his head, and he saw me."
"Fucking FUCK!" Kale's fist slammed into the mattress and bed shook violently. "You were inside his head? How did he see you?" 
I shook my head "He was in the bathroom, he looked at his reflection and it was if he was looking right through me..."
I shivered and Kale stroked my cheek his hand coming to cup the side of my face. "What if he's inside my head Kale? What if he's watching?"

Kale's lips pealed back in a snarl and he brought me closer his strong hands clamped on my thighs. Our faces only inches apart his eyes burned into mine "Then I will push him the fuck out" he snarled and I felt Kale's mind pressing against mine and I could feel the waves of violent passion and possession, which drove him to furious instinct to destroy Trent. "He's not in your head Kaela. I won't let him."

'Weak'. Kale snapped back from me and growled. He'd heard me.

"You. Are not. Weak." He hissed. My breathing quickened and I stared unblinkingly "I am weak."

Kale's hands grabbed my arms again and he shook me. "You are NOT weak!"

My teeth chattered and I glared at him then he did the unexpected. Kale's hand slapped the side of my face with a crack and I hissed. My cheek stung and Kale took hold of the back of my head and forced me closer. Through clenched teeth with each word clipped, "You. Are. Not. Weak." 
I growled and pushed forward with my thighs pushing Kale backwards onto the bed my nails digging into his shoulders. He growled grabbing my wrists and shifting his weight till I was toppled underneath him. "Get off me!" I hissed pushing against his heavy weight. Kale's stoney face glared down at me and he didn't move or relinquish his grip. "Get off!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.